favorite seasonal music? :3

which season has the best music?

• Total voters

rippytrippy

Planter
I like the Autumn music the best, it really makes me feel like 'aah. it's autumn,,,,,,," y'know? it also really matches the whole scenic vibe of autumn ,,,, i luv it <3 11/10 best part of the soundtrack

really sad that autumn is over for me for a while D;
edit; i also really like the summer music, the one song called 'natures crescendo' in particular, def a very memorable part of the soundtrack too (tho not as good as autumn)

p.s. u can pick 2 options actually in case you have more than 1 favorite ig

They're all good, but Spring will always be my favorite. Something about the music for this season really feels inspiring. I usually have Spring music playing in my jukebox.

Maugatta

Tiller
For me (and maybe it isn't an usually choosen question), I really like Winter's themes, they are so "cold", and malinconic, and in a certain sense they have such a "mystic" feeling, that I really like and appreciate in a game like Stardew Valley.

Por esemple how can we say that "Nocturne of Ice" is bad, it's a music that feels me of a travelling and exploring mood (principally in the second part of the piece),
and make me think at when you woke up and see the snow falling out of the window and you feel so, so at home.

Then there is "The Wind Can Be Still", that I will admit, I really don't associate at when you are walking on Pelican Town, or around your farm.
But it's still a music of impact, it's full of emotions, and I really like how its evolves. From a beginning that seems really, but really calm, that then wonders you. At certains parts I really fill sleeping, on a fresh pillow, on abed covered of sweet flowers.

"Ancient" instead is more a music that I associate at that white rabbits that go into the bushes in the game, and in that moment, I feel outside, but at the same time conforted, with such a feeling that I only feel at home.

And if we talk also of the Winter Festival's soundtrack, well, in that sound there isn't nothing that I can say: it's only fantastic !

Odin

Staff member
For me, the Spring soundtracks, especially It's a Big World Outside and The Valley Comes Alive, are connected to my memories of playing in the past as they're some of the first songs you hear when playing. I went back and listened to all of the seasonal songs, and while I think the Fall and Winter songs are really great, I can't pick just one season.

Maugatta

Tiller
For me, the Spring soundtracks, especially It's a Big World Outside and The Valley Comes Alive, are connected to my memories of playing in the past as they're some of the first songs you hear when playing. I went back and listened to all of the seasonal songs, and while I think the Fall and Winter songs are really great, I can't pick just one season.
Sure, judging from the point of view of the "familiarity" of a music, I'm more than in agree with you.
But, how you just said, all soundtracks of this game are fantastic. There could be, themes most liked form the people, and themes liked less.
But there is one certain thing: they are unique. :proud:

Lew Zealand

Helper
Context matters.

I voted Spring because of this for 2 reasons, one of which Odin mentioned as it's the first music you heard when you first started playing Stardew Valley. It takes you back to those first hours playing this amazing game and all those wonderful associations you made while that music way playing. That can never be diluted nor taken away from any of us. It's pretty special. The second is that Winter's over, and while I look forward to Winter as that's when everything on the Farm gets reshuffled to a more optimal layout, that only takes a few days before I have everything (temporarily) optimized and the following Seasons are planned out.

However I empirically like Summer the best as it's even more upbeat, but in contrast to Spring it's not that big of an improvement. Fall and Winter are OK but again the context kills it for me:

Fall: Horse just kicking my butt at Hide & Seek. stupid horse... grumble... don't even know which part of the map I left it on........
Winter: Snow Blindness!! My eyes!!!

Chaya7

Planter
I like winter the most. The music is so beautiful. Reminds me of tinkling ice. I love another tune that plays on the frost floors of the mines for the same reason. It all fits so well with the lovely imagery of ice and snow.

I like autumn the least. It makes me very sad - so I'm sad for that whole month.

Cptldsilver

Planter
Winter>Spring>Fall>Summer. Spring is only 2nd because I've heard it too much. I still like the summer music but just less than the others. The only sound stuff in the game I don't really like is some of the ambience stuff. The bullfrog croaking in the rain always makes me waste a line in fishing and its just kind of a grating sound after a few times. The bee noise in summer is also pretty annoying after awhile.

Not a lot to choose between Spring, Summer and Winter music, they're all incredible for different reasons. On the other hand, Fall music is worst by miles, utterly forgettable, as brown, boring and inconspicuous as the accompanying scenery. I mean, I can't even remember any of the Fall tracks, and I have thousands of hours in this game.

The Spring ones always make me excited for a new farm, and the possibilities that lie ahead. The Summer music is fun and upbeat, with Tropicala probably my all time fave track - it always makes me smile because my 6 year old dances to it every time it's on. And all three Winter tracks truly evoke the season - they literally put you standing there in the snow on a clear, cold day. I can't choose between these three.

LuckyParsnip

Greenhorn
Fall and Winter both. I like the slower and more mellow tracks than lively ones. These days though, I prefer to turn the music off completely and just enjoy the ambient sounds.