Issue Expanded update does not work

babihghost

Newcomer
I downloaded the latest version of Stardew Valley but it gives this error message

[SMAPI] Found 8 mods with warnings:
[SMAPI] Changed save serializer
[SMAPI] --------------------------------------------------
[SMAPI] These mods change the save serializer. They may corrupt your save files, or make them unusable if
[SMAPI] you uninstall these mods.

[SMAPI] - PyTK
[SMAPI] - SpaceCore
[SMAPI] - TMXL Map Toolkit

Odin

Staff member
That's not something you need to worry about unless you're actually experiencing issues in-game. If you are experiencing an issue, can you provide an error log? You can generate one at https://smapi.io/log, there are instructions on that page.

babihghost

Newcomer
The game gives this error and doesn't open until I remove the mods from the expanded mods folder.
I used the site as instructed but the site says there are no errors, but even so my game does not open, I already removed all expansions and left only expanded but it does not open at all.

Odin

Staff member
I would recommend verifying your game files (see instructions for Steam or for GOG), as well as deleting the game’s startup_preferences file, in order to reset it. Here’s where to find it:
  • On Windows, press the windows key + R and enter %appdata%/stardewvalley/.
  • On Mac, from your desktop click Go in the menubar (in the top right), then "Go to folder..." at the bottom of that menu. Enter ~/.config/StardewValley/.
Once you've done both, relaunch the game. If that doesn't resolve the issue, please mention so!