Everyone's favorite building: The Slime Hutch

Person090

Planter
The slime hutch has the stigma of, "The building you only get because you want to complete the game in it's entirety". But if you know how to play your cards right, it can be a pretty decent money maker. First of all, make a slime egg press, making and raising slimes in the slime hutch is useless without it. Second, grind and get some slimes, you need a female and a male slime in order to make slime balls, so save every single slime you get for the starting eggs. Reminder, only use green and blue slime eggs for the incubator, red and purple slime eggs are better off being sold because they sell for very high prices. Make sure to water the troughs every day once you get a female and a male slime so that you can maximize the slime output of your hutch. A male slime has a little bobble on top of it's head, like an anglerfish, while females do not. A slime charmer ring is a huge help in the slime hutch considering that slimes tend to multiply quickly and still attack you. 4 slime balls produce on average, around 50 slimes, so that means that you can start producing a slime egg after 2 days, and you will get your slime egg after one more day in the egg press, so that is, if we take the lowest sell price of an egg which is 1000, you get 333 gold per day. It may not sound like a lot, but throw in the random chance of it becoming an even higher value, then you got something interesting. IMO, the slime hutch is, decent, you'll probably get your money back in around 30 days if we look at the lowest possible sell price. Quick side note, a slimejack pond can be a significant help with the egg making process because they have a chance of make 10, 30, or 50 slimes and are capable of producing green slime eggs.

Cptldsilver

Planter
The best thing about the slime hutch is that building it gives slimes a 1% chance to drop slime eggs. If you have the burglars ring equipped and you spend a lot of time in skull cavern (purple slime eggs worth 5k) that means that each slime killed is worth about (5000×.02=100) 100 extra gold each. You dont even have to keep the hutch to keep the slime egg chance either, you can destroy the hutch the day after building it.

Boo1972

Farmer
The slime hutch has the stigma of, "The building you only get because you want to complete the game in it's entirety". But if you know how to play your cards right, it can be a pretty decent money maker. First of all, make a slime egg press, making and raising slimes in the slime hutch is useless without it. Second, grind and get some slimes, you need a female and a male slime in order to make slime balls, so save every single slime you get for the starting eggs. Reminder, only use green and blue slime eggs for the incubator, red and purple slime eggs are better off being sold because they sell for very high prices. Make sure to water the troughs every day once you get a female and a male slime so that you can maximize the slime output of your hutch. A male slime has a little bobble on top of it's head, like an anglerfish, while females do not. A slime charmer ring is a huge help in the slime hutch considering that slimes tend to multiply quickly and still attack you. 4 slime balls produce on average, around 50 slimes, so that means that you can start producing a slime egg after 2 days, and you will get your slime egg after one more day in the egg press, so that is, if we take the lowest sell price of an egg which is 1000, you get 333 gold per day. It may not sound like a lot, but throw in the random chance of it becoming an even higher value, then you got something interesting. IMO, the slime hutch is, decent, you'll probably get your money back in around 30 days if we look at the lowest possible sell price. Quick side note, a slimejack pond can be a significant help with the egg making process because they have a chance of make 10, 30, or 50 slimes and are capable of producing green slime eggs.
On my second save I built a slime hutch. I’m pretty new to raising slimes. Does the color of your slimes affect the color of the egg in the press? For example, if I raised all red slimes would my eggs be all red?

I'll be honest with you, it's the one building I have never built in all my years of playing. I still cant bring myself to use it. However, my wizard farm map will utilize it.

estewanini

Sodbuster
A slime charmer ring is a huge help in the slime hutch considering that slimes tend to multiply quickly and still attack you.
You see, I was not aware of this... So I went to water the troughs one day and my 2 female/1 male slime colony was suddenly a horde of human-hating colorful sludge. I am now avoiding the place until i get the ring, hoping they won't mutate and evolve into slime overlords with an unstoppable army in the meanwhile.

Oh and huge thanks for the tips! :D

imnvs

Local Legend
It is possible to use multiple Wicked Statues (or 1 and a bunch of other objects to create a barrier) to pen the slimes away from the door and allow you access to the troughs (provided you have at least a steel watering can) for watering, all without risk of the slimes getting to you. You simply create a wall of them, along with any incubators and slime presses.

The slime charmer ring takes a while to get unless you go full Slime Hunter.

Sigrah

Farmer
It is possible to use multiple Wicked Statues (or 1 and a bunch of other objects to create a barrier) to pen the slimes away from the door and allow you access to the troughs (provided you have at least a steel watering can) for watering, all without risk of the slimes getting to you. You simply create a wall of them, along with any incubators and slime presses.

The slime charmer ring takes a while to get unless you go full Slime Hunter.
You can do the same with fencing if you wanted to :)