Eat from inventory

Hello,

I think it would be a good idea to be able to eat food directly from inventory menu.

Who never went to a cave and be surrounded by dozen of ennemies, life lower fast, no time to select the item that could save your life (especially with a controller)... then die ?

It if always a huge disappointment to me to die because I dont have time to select the item that could save my life. In almost every game, we are able to open the inventory, select the item to use, use it, then close the inventory. In SDV it is not possible :(

Ereo

Helper
Not sure if this works with a controller, but here's what I do:

Open the inventory
Select the food with the number key (food must be in the same line as your tools)
Keep one finger on x and close the inventory
Press x immediately to open the food dialogue

I also try to eat when I get to half health, but if you're being attacked by several things at once this helps.

Not sure if this works with a controller, but here's what I do:

Open the inventory
Select the food with the number key (food must be in the same line as your tools)
Keep one finger on x and close the inventory
Press x immediately to open the food dialogue

I also try to eat when I get to half health, but if you're being attacked by several things at once this helps.
Unfortunately, this is impossible with a controller :(

rippytrippy

Planter
it's like that in Breath of The Wild (and amazing game only available on the Nintendo Switch.) it would make sense if the developer, like,,,, did it right, i guess.

i like this idea haha. But for now what I have to do is just put all my important stuff into the 1st row. Usually I put my pickaxe, ho, and sword next to eachother to easily switch between combat, digging, and smashin' rocks.... may as well work with food i guess

Usually I put my pickaxe, ho, and sword next to eachother to easily switch between combat, digging, and smashin' rocks.... may as well work with food i guess
Yes, sure I do same. But when you are surrounded by 4 slimes jumping on you, it is pretty hard to switch, run, and avoid foes 😉