Dyeing pants

Andrey

Farmhand
Hi,
sorry for my bad english.
Is there a way to dye pants to match some of the suits? I can't match the color. It`s very difficult.
Perhaps there is another way? (suits are meaningless without pants, i think)

"Brown Suit" on screenshot:

Attachments

Yes, you can dye pants! Once you get a cloth from recycling or make cloth from wool on a loom, Emily will come to visit you. After that you can use her sewing machine and dye pots. You can use anything to color your pants in the sewing machine- coal makes black, milk makes white, eggplant makes purple, clay makes brown. It's really fun!

Lew Zealand

Helper
I've only done a little dyeing and I don't think it's easy to color match as closely as you want to. The pants in my avatar pic to the left are dyed with 3x yellow passes in the sewing machine (I forget which dyeable I used for the yellow) and then I dyed them again to get Green, using 2x Petrified Slime and 1x Emerald. Lol and I forgot, I did this again with 3x Amethyst:

Bobbi.PNG

However it looks like you're using the the dyeing pots which I haven't used yet but give you access to sliders for far more control. You need to know how Hue, Saturation, and Brightness interact to produce the color you're looking for, though it looks like you've matched the pants to the shirt/jacket pretty closely.

From the front it looks good and from the back it looks like maybe you need a bit more brown? Maybe bring up the middle slider up from 14 to 15 or 16 and then the bottom one down a single notch to 34. Do these single number changes look like any change is being made on the screen? If you have a 6-bit per subpixel monitor, you may not actually be able to detect the difference, and you may not know if you have a 6-bit monitor either.

Andrey

Farmhand
Thanks for replies. I appreciate it.
It's really hard, custom palette.
You can use the sewing machine for a color change by placing the clothing item in the feed at the lower left of the sewing machine and the item to use as dye is placed on the spool at the upper right. Prismatic Shard open a menu where you can choose any color.