Art Developing an SDV inspired game called Sundermead!

Josephus

Greenhorn
Hi everyone!

I've got about 100 hours in SDV and about a year ago I got inspired to start my own game development journey!

The game I'm making is called Sundermead! As the title says, it's inspired by Stardew Valley's gameplay.
With that said, there are plenty of differences!

Sundermead is a first & third person, world open, procedurally generated, farming and community building sim!

What that means basically is that you get plopped on a randomly generated island (with a big mountain in the middle) and are tasked by the Gods to build a settlement and invite more people over to Sundermead to build a community.

Who are these "Gods"? Well, I'm a bit of a history nerd with my favourite time period being the English Anglo-Saxon era and so the world of this game is set in around Anglo-Saxon mythology (very similar to Norse mythology!)

Anyway, I've been making development logs for this game on YouTube!
Here's my latest video and a few screenshots :)
1653170510145.png
1653170521406.png

1653170539250.png
1653170547307.png

Let me know what you think!

Isa730

Rancher
This is really cool! The concept sorta makes me think of Godus on mobile. It's wild how much you'll be able to do with so much tillable land as well!

...Hearing about the way you're using quad trees very much made me want to cry though, so I respect your efforts and all the work you must be putting in. B,,,) Good luck!!

Josephus

Greenhorn
This is really cool! The concept sorta makes me think of Godus on mobile. It's wild how much you'll be able to do with so much tillable land as well!

...Hearing about the way you're using quad trees very much made me want to cry though, so I respect your efforts and all the work you must be putting in. B,,,) Good luck!!
Thank you for the kind words! Believe me, I also wanted to cry whilst implementing it!

Last edited: