Developer and Multiplayer

Negexu

Newcomer
A question how can Minecraft and Fortnite and so on be, crossplay and this game doesn't. i just want to be able to play normally with the children on pc and switch. i don't know what middle ages you are in but we are in the modern age and not with windows 98 😡😡😡😡😡

imnvs

Local Legend
This isn't the only game that doesn't have cross-platform multiplayer. There are logistical issues to doing so and you can't expect a small, indie game (that until somewhat recently only had 1 guy making it, and now it's 2 guys) to be able to surmount all obstacles. Cut CA a break, huh?

Have you considered just playing on Switch?

BlaDe

Farmer
A question how can Minecraft and Fortnite and so on be, crossplay and this game doesn't. i just want to be able to play normally with the children on pc and switch. i don't know what middle ages you are in but we are in the modern age and not with windows 98 😡😡😡😡😡
You're right, CA should just flip the magical switch that enables cross platform play.

Odin

Staff member
Well, Minecraft is developed by a team of about 70 people, and is owned by Microsoft, one of the biggest tech companies in the world. Fortnite is developed by Epic Games, which has over 1,000 employees. While Epic is much smaller than Microsoft, it's still a billion dollar company. Stardew Valley is developed by a team of two, plus the companies that handle the console and mobile ports.

Now, does that mean that you need to be a billion dollar company or have a huge team to create a game that has cross-platform support? Of course not. But it's also not fair to compare a very small company making a relatively small game, to massive companies making two of the biggest video games in the world. Minecraft and Fortnite will always have more features and be able to introduce new content far faster than a small studio could.

I would certainly like to see cross platform multiplayer added in a future update! I do hope this feature is added, but it's a tough one to implement and I'm not sure if it's something we'll ever see or not.