Death in the mines

spoopslaboops

Newcomer
It would be really nice to have the ability to retrieve more than one item if you die it gets really frustrating when there are maybe multiple important items that get taken when you die so why not be able to retrieve more than one item

Quirinea

Farmer
There is a mod for that. Yeah, I have also a chest at all the dungeons,and everything not necessary is left there. It still can happen: you lose the important resource you were searching for -- or your stack of food -- and your sword...

Edit: Eggxactly! I was in the Skull Cavern, and the game glitched: instead of a weapon I suddenly was waving with a stack of copper. Woke up at Harveys. Among lost items: Dwarf hammer enhanced bug killer and dwarf sword enhanced crusader. Of course after playing with timestop and having tinkered a zillion little things (arranging gifts, building, etc. etc.... after the savepoint. Aaaaarghhhhhhh!

Last edited:

MangoLemonXx

Farmhand
I try not to take too many important items in the mine. That's why I put a chest at the mine entrances and only take the amount of food and bombs I need for the day.
That's a good idea but doesn't always prevent the annoyance of a mining death.

I started a new save game recently and when I was killed in the mine, the three items taken included my sword. This was before I had killed the 10 slimes to join the Adventurer's guild...

Ereo

Helper
That's a good idea but doesn't always prevent the annoyance of a mining death.

I started a new save game recently and when I was killed in the mine, the three items taken included my sword. This was before I had killed the 10 slimes to join the Adventurer's guild...
Losing your sword before killing 10 slimes is annoying, but that wouldn't be solved by allowing you to buy back more items like OP suggested...

Maybe the beginner sword should count like a tool that can't be lost. Or Marlon should always send it back unprompted.

Quirinea

Farmer
Losing the beginning sword isn't actually so bad as it sounds, as it isn't much better as weapon as the scythe. Meaning it isn't a big deal to use the scythe and get the stupid slimes killed. And then go and buy at least the wooden sword that is a tad better. Yeah but those cases were you lose your weapon and your stack of food or the specific resource you were trying to obtain or several of the kind.

Marlon sending the beginning sword back (accompanied with a sarcastic letter) would be a good idea, though.

Lew Zealand

Helper
A chest close to the mine entrance is the best way to prevent unnecessary loss and unnecessarily full pockets if you haven't gotten the Backpack upgrade yet. But there are 2 problems with it:

1. You can still lose your Sword, as many people have pointed out
2. You have to remember to make a Chest
2a. or remembered to bring your Axe to chop 4 Trees for a new Chest
2b. and be willing to spend that precious early game Energy on said chopping
2c. and be willing to sacrifice a big chunk of your former Mining day chopping those Trees at 10 chops per Tree
2d. and hope it's not a bad Luck day when you'll need to chop a 5th Tree

Just Fish at the Lake instead and remember to set yourself upwind of Seb because nobody likes waking up in the cool evening smelling of cig smoke. Oops, forgot my Fishing Pozzzzzzzzzz...............

Last edited:

MangoLemonXx

Farmhand
Losing your sword before killing 10 slimes is annoying, but that wouldn't be solved by allowing you to buy back more items like OP suggested...

Maybe the beginner sword should count like a tool that can't be lost. Or Marlon should always send it back unprompted.
Thanks for your reply but I didn't suggest that the OPs suggestion would help with that specifically. I merely wrote verbatim that your idea "doesn't always prevent the annoyance of a mining death " and then mentioned a very specific set of circumstances to illustrate my point.

MangoLemonXx

Farmhand
Losing the beginning sword isn't actually so bad as it sounds, as it isn't much better as weapon as the scythe. Meaning it isn't a big deal to use the scythe and get the stupid slimes killed. And then go and buy at least the wooden sword that is a tad better. Yeah but those cases were you lose your weapon and your stack of food or the specific resource you were trying to obtain or several of the kind.

Marlon sending the beginning sword back (accompanied with a sarcastic letter) would be a good idea, though.
I know, I killed the one additional slime I had left with another tool and moved on. It's just an annoyance (which in my case happened by some kind of glitch when I was killed whilst eating) but as Ereo stated "Maybe the beginner sword should count like a tool that can't be lost".