Hill-top Farm Crow Rock Farm (Slightly modded), Spring Year 8

Lenora Rose

Farmer
I didn't know that Hill-Top was seen as extra hard when I chose it for my second farm, I just knew I wanted this farmer to focus more on mining and quarrying. So I was a bit thrown by how hard it seemed to be compared to the standard farm to fit everything in. I rearranged things right up to winter year 7, including a stretch where I sold all my barn animals and had no barn at all, and later one where I tried to move it to the area in front of Grandpa's shrine. And I didn't start *decorating* until year 6. I've basically left the entire bottom corner to slimes and trees grown exclusively to cut down. And I recent chopped my only full sized mushroom tree so right now there's only a teeny seedling in front of the hardwood grove. (By the greenhouse). I was going to get rid of the extraneous tappers by the fishponds once the tapper grove by Grandpa's shrine grew to its full extent, but I haven't been able to think of anything I want to do with the space, since it's so skinny. Suggestions welcome.

VIsible mods: Elle's Seasonal Buildings (the "Winery" is just the slime hutch with a deceptive name), Submerged crab pots, Goddess Statue Obelisk, Owl Scarecrows, Aries' Secret Statues (Turns the weird hidden statues into the cute girls by my lightning rods), multiple mini-obelisks (if you look close you'll see three, and a fourth is inside the greenhouse), custom spouse patios.

Jules_5-21-2022_78424066.png

Interior; on a rainy day so we're all together inside. I think the only visible mods are multiple spouses (I didn't update to free love because I don't intend to use it next farmer), Diverse Stardew Valley if you look closely at the sprites, and better ranching to explain why Huscarl the dog has an empty heart word-bubble floating over his head. I actually have two more garden pots beside the bone mills now, with rare seeds in them.

The master bedroom actually had an even more gothy-dungeon flagstone floor originally, but Abigail changed the flooring and I let it be (She's also responsible for there being a cute pink chair...). The kitchen was supposed to be more beach-themed still, with another table and shells as decorations, but I didn't like the sheer clutter once I added the latest kegs.

Jules_5-21-2022_81005842.png

Jayamos

Farmer
Sweet! I’m also doing Hilltop as my second farm and getting everything squeezed in with a reasonable path around everything I need to check is a challenge. This looks like an elegant solution.

Lew Zealand

Helper
The master bedroom actually had an even more gothy-dungeon flagstone floor originally, but Abigail changed the flooring and I let it be (She's also responsible for there being a cute pink chair...).
!!!

Break out another kit!

<issues Lenora Rose the Society's Secret Decoder ring>
<notes name Leonora Rose in official Book of Preferred Oddities>
<mails Lenora Rose pamphlet about Home Dentistry with notes pertaining to Quartz Abrasions>
<sticks leg high in the air, turns around and manages to get hand around the back to perform secret handshake>

Um, oops. We're gonna need a new secret handshake...

Welcome welcome, our newest Member to the Esteemed subCult of Abigail wherein she has bestowed upon you the Pink buns-hugger of Higher-Level Dentistry and General Anesthesia! Current members @FairyRing and me.

Details and other benefits forthcoming...

FairyRing

Farmer
FairyRing steps up, straightens amethyst bolo tie, flattens bangs to the side, then pats front pockets, pats back pockets, breast pockets... "I never received my secret handshake in the mail... So I don't know it, or did I just do it? Well The chair has been bestowed. Welcome and all that jazz!"

Lew Zealand

Helper
FairyRing steps up, straightens amethyst bolo tie, flattens bangs to the side, then pats front pockets, pats back pockets, breast pockets... "I never received my secret handshake in the mail... So I don't know it, or did I just do it? Well The chair has been bestowed. Welcome and all that jazz!"
Close, just needs more elbows!

Lenora Rose

Farmer
THIS IS GORGEOUS!! I think my favorite part is the upper-right corner of your house. :awe:
Thanks. While I chose the paint colours for the buildings at Robin's (Except the slime hutch which you can't, and I forgot to repaint the barn when I demolished then rebuilt it) the house shape and the stained glass are Elle's mod.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Nice job, my first farm with basically any efffort put into it was hiltop and I loved the lack of space and working around it, one thing I never used until what felt like too late was teh fact that buildings like coops and barns fit perfectly in the little "quarry area" and you can fit 2 barns and a coop there perfectly with space for pigs to find truffles and ores to still spawn so you can collect all the goodies at once.
I also enjoyed trying to fill the farm with ancient fruit and fruit trees which I thought was the most fun and I had about 500 kegs which were almost never full as the file was on mobile though also before the 1.5 update was ever dropped and the greenhouse has so few tiles.
I left it on end of year 3 as my device was getting really old (near 10 years now) and it would crash about 3-4 times every ig day and I had to make backup saves every hour or so to avoid losign progress, especially in SC.
I really love that save and I really want to put it on pc but I'm not good with files and itunes and the device was way too old to use blutooth transfer which makes me really sad.

Isa730

Planter
Hold on...I stumbled upon this post again after a bit but I just noticed something curious--what's the huge mutant pirate bed? How is that possible!! It's cool. :)

Lenora Rose

Farmer
Hold on...I stumbled upon this post again after a bit but I just noticed something curious--what's the huge mutant pirate bed? How is that possible!! It's cool. :)
The mod that lets me have Multiple Spouses (which was called that when
I downloaded it; I think the current iteration is called "Free Love") also lets the bed expand so it can fit them. Since I only have two spouses I didn't make it much bigger, so it kind of warped the pirate flag design. But I like it that way.

Isa730

Planter
The mod that lets me have Multiple Spouses (which was called that when
I downloaded it; I think the current iteration is called "Free Love") also lets the bed expand so it can fit them. Since I only have two spouses I didn't make it much bigger, so it kind of warped the pirate flag design. But I like it that way.
Oh cool! I didn't know the mod did that but now that I think about it, makes a lot of sense! Thanks :)

IntoxicHeart

Planter
I didn't know that Hill-Top was seen as extra hard
It’s because of that ‘extra hard’ reason that I plan on eventually starting a Hill-Top save, for the challenge aspect. Not sure when I will though … since I still have to (yes, have to lol) finish redecorating my beach farm save on my Switch, as well as finish my mod (which more than likely won’t be finished -from typing it all out, making the sprites for the npcs I’m adding, making the portraits for both npcs I’m adding and numerous default/vanilla and SVE npcs, to testing and fixing and then properly releasing- end of July/August some point).

I really like your interior and exterior layouts. Gotta love it when spouses decide to random redecorate/add furniture. lol

Also, I love Elle’s mods! They’re my favourite aesthetic mods. Elle’s mods were one of the first mods I had downloaded when I was able to start playing SV on my laptop.

Side note;; Yey! I found your thread that you mentioned in my inquiry thread XD

I do like where Sebastian’s patio is. That looks nice there and seems to fit perfectly. I see you were able to put flooring down on his patio. I gather you’re able to put flooring down on the additional spouse patios from that mod, given how you can’t with the default/vanilla set patio? (Or at least, I’ve never been successful in doing so)

Lenora Rose

Farmer
It’s because of that ‘extra hard’ reason that I plan on eventually starting a Hill-Top save, for the challenge aspect. Not sure when I will though … since I still have to (yes, have to lol) finish redecorating my beach farm save on my Switch, as well as finish my mod (which more than likely won’t be finished -from typing it all out, making the sprites for the npcs I’m adding, making the portraits for both npcs I’m adding and numerous default/vanilla and SVE npcs, to testing and fixing and then properly releasing- end of July/August some point).

I really like your interior and exterior layouts. Gotta love it when spouses decide to random redecorate/add furniture. lol

Also, I love Elle’s mods! They’re my favourite aesthetic mods. Elle’s mods were one of the first mods I had downloaded when I was able to start playing SV on my laptop.

Side note;; Yey! I found your thread that you mentioned in my inquiry thread XD

I do like where Sebastian’s patio is. That looks nice there and seems to fit perfectly. I see you were able to put flooring down on his patio. I gather you’re able to put flooring down on the additional spouse patios from that mod, given how you can’t with the default/vanilla set patio? (Or at least, I’ve never been successful in doing so)
I put flooring in front of it but not on it as such.

Katoki

Greenhorn
I love both the exterior and interior, I'm pretty bad at doing interior so it probably seems better than it actually is. Also, those modded statues remind me of the elemental accesories in Terraria Calamity, does anyone else think that?

nicodeux

Farmer
I like your farm layout. I'm currently in the first year of a hilltop farm and your one holds interesting ideas about how to place items in this map where space is so difficult to use.

Lenora Rose

Farmer
So I closed out Jules' farm, and started another (Not the one I was planning, for Reasons, but a weird little beach farm with far more visual mods.) Of course I screenshotted the hell out of the final version. I ended with the flower dance, as a nice way to say goodbye to those iterations of the characters.
Here's the farm, early in the morning on Spring 24, as I start my rounds collecting and petting. I think the only really big layout changes are the golden clock (Which in Elle's mod is a rather less interesting shed-shaped clock), and the extra gate I put in as an "airlock" for the slimes. (Although the slimes have defintely grown more numerous and more tiger-y. The ones inside the "winery" are almost all purple). Sebastian is on the porch, the animals are unloved, the jars still full, adn the furnaces silent. I did fill in some of the crops the Junimos were collecting for me, but of course that late in the season it's parsnips or bust, so who knows

Jules_9-10-2022_58547842.png

This is the area with the house and spouse patios. You can see Sebastian's motorcycle, and Abigail on her flute. Jasper (a mod NPC)'s spouse patio got moved to a quiet spot behind a cherry tree. You can see Jules and Jasper there through the translucent view.

Jules_9-8-2022 Spouse Patios.png

The house really didn't change enough between the last screenshot and the end to warrant a new one.

Ginger Island was pretty well developed. Min-maxxers will notice I kept on with Strawberries, blueberries, tomatoes and all those "inefficient" crops as well as the massive amounts of starfruit and ancient fruit. I just like mixing it up. I also realised so many of my trees on the main farm were tapper trees I added one grove of "Just cut em down when you need wood" trees. The cabin was given a couple of homey touches but also got busy with various bits of production. I think, unlike the farm, the only signs of modding on Ginger island are the couple of owl scarecrows added just for decor and the silly-looking feather hat on my head that Leo made for me. Oh, and the last "Goddess statue" obelisk which is actually my favourite, but you have to walk around back of the house to see the whole thing in my usual screen resolution.

Jules_9-10-2022_65027824.png

Jules_9-10-2022_63943339.png

Lastly, Jules herself. She had two usual outfits for regular work (A leather jacket in fall and winter, a goth t-shirt in spring and summer, and the official hat and blue cowboy hat. switching out when the mood took her. Except for the odd occasion wearing Leo's silly hat on Ginger Island.
Fall and Winter Usual Outfit.png
Usual Outfit - Spring.png

She also took off her hat and dressed up in heavy purples for the flower dance:
Speedy and Jules.png
Fancied up for the flower dance.png

Last edited: