Community Question: Favorite Crop?

Hello! Jack Of Shades, sage and owner of Trium farms here, asking the all important questions to the community!

So here it is: What's your favorite crop?

Why is it your favorite crop?

Does it bring you happy memories from your past?

Or does it fill your pockets with money to better your farm?

The burning questions, and the answers from you!

Last edited:

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
My favorite crop is cranberries, I love them IRL and in-game I just think they're very fun to harvest. I love the satisfying little 'bloop!' as you harvest them and collect multiple from one crop!
It helps they're one of the more profitable crops, but I don't necessarily mind. I think a greenhouse with cranberries is more fun than a greenhouse of ancient fruit

My favorite crop is cranberries, I love them IRL and in-game I just think they're very fun to harvest. I love the satisfying little 'bloop!' as you harvest them and collect multiple from one crop!
It helps they're one of the more profitable crops, but I don't necessarily mind. I think a greenhouse with cranberries is more fun than a greenhouse of ancient fruit
Cranberry juice, too. Good stuff. I love it in real life.
I enjoy blueberries. In fact, I ate a small carton of blueberries today that i purchased from a vendor at our waterfront market we host. They're my favorite crop, and like cranberries, they also supply a good amount of cash. However, I enjoy them because it's so satisfying seeing a sea off blue on my farm and knowing its harvest time. Brings a tear of joy to my eye. :3

Boo1972

Farmer
I too am a fan of the berries and keep them in my greenhouse year round. But my favorite crop is the pumpkins. I grow huge patches because it reminds my of taking the kids to the pumpkin patch. Our favorite, and the closest, has bonfires you can rent at night. It’s great fun to bring marshmallows and hotdogs to roast on the fire. The big kids head to the corn maze and the younger ones play on the giant trampoline. If we’re lucky, we get a night with fireworks. Unfortunately, the farm won’t be around much longer. Looks like more town homes (which we don’t need) will be built there soon. So that’s why I like pumpkins.

I too am a fan of the berries and keep them in my greenhouse year round. But my favorite crop is the pumpkins. I grow huge patches because it reminds my of taking the kids to the pumpkin patch. Our favorite, and the closest, has bonfires you can rent at night. It’s great fun to bring marshmallows and hotdogs to roast on the fire. The big kids head to the corn maze and the younger ones play on the giant trampoline. If we’re lucky, we get a night with fireworks. Unfortunately, the farm won’t be around much longer. Looks like more town homes (which we don’t need) will be built there soon. So that’s why I like pumpkins.
That sounds really cool. I'm a huge fan of Halloween and fall, so I get why you love the pumpkin. I nearly chose it myself, but I have a fondness for blueberries. Which is ironic because I don't care too much for summer. Lol

That is a shame, though. Places like that are slowly disappearing due to development projects. It ruins the community feel for certain times of year like that. :/

Rhiannon

Farmer
I don't really think I have a favorite. Obviously each season has crops that are best for making profitable wines and jellies. I hired a bunch of Junimos to gather my crops to save my time for other chores. I do enjoy planting the mixed seeds so I have surprises on what grows. So those might be my favorites!

I don't really think I have a favorite. Obviously each season has crops that are best for making profitable wines and jellies. I hired a bunch of Junimos to gather my crops to save my time for other chores. I do enjoy planting the mixed seeds so I have surprises on what grows. So those might be my favorites!
Interesting choice! I must admit I enjoy seeing what I get from those too. Like a mystery surprise.

Odin

Staff member
Ancient fruit is my go to once I get them because you only have to plant them once a year. So that's most of what I plant.

I think pumpkins are my favorite in terms of design though:

Ancient fruit is my go to once I get them because you only have to plant them once a year. So that's most of what I plant.

I think pumpkins are my favorite in terms of design though:
That's two, sort of, for pumpkins. Lol

Normally I'm an Ancient fruit fan. They're amazing for profits, as well as hops, and their design looks great. Sometimes it's hard to settle on one particular crop.

Anhaga

Rancher
Ooh, I agree most with this one. I like Ancient Fruit, but the mixed seeds are just fun. I have very often gotten artichokes in Fall 1 thanks to mixed seeds. I do wish that Spring and Summer mixed seeds had a chance to throw Pierre's Year 2 offerings in Year 1.

Ooh, I agree most with this one. I like Ancient Fruit, but the mixed seeds are just fun. I have very often gotten artichokes in Fall 1 thanks to mixed seeds. I do wish that Spring and Summer mixed seeds had a chance to throw Pierre's Year 2 offerings in Year 1.
That would be fantastic. Maybe get red cabbage earlier than usual. I always hate having to wait for that one.

I really love pumpkins and potatoes (potatoes are probably my favorite food). I also like harvesting blueberries in this game, you get so many and like @Magically Clueless said about the cranberries, they make such a satisfying sound when you pick them!
Up to 3 pumpkin likes so far! Maybe 4, if I just break down and admit they're amazing.

I somehow figured as much, what with your name and all. Lol

They do give that oh so addicting set of pops when harvested, hard to deny them.

I wonder what an IRL Ancient Fruit would taste like...
I feel like it would be a mix between a blueberry and maybe a strawberry. Or perhaps a raspberry melon. Humm, interesting thought.

Potatoes

Farmer
Up to 3 pumpkin likes so far! Maybe 4, if I just break down and admit they're amazing.

I somehow figured as much, what with your name and all. Lol

They do give that oh so addicting set of pops when harvested, hard to deny them.

I feel like it would be a mix between a blueberry and maybe a strawberry. Or perhaps a raspberry melon. Humm, interesting thought.
Ooh, I like the idea of a raspberry melon!

I usually sway towards the crops that could end up making me the most profit and which I can use in the long run. I enjoy coffee beans the most in-game and in real life, lol.
I moved to coffee for a while, mostly due to how easy it is to expand. I would typically find it in the mines and then plant. Once fully grown, I'd reinvest the coffee into more plants until I was drowning in coffee beans.