Clothing

Ereo

Helper
People like to decorate, so why not decorate yourself?

There is a point in game where money isn't a problem anymore.

__Fishy__

Planter
I'm doing it because I am a sadist who is trying to get 100% completion plus all the clothing/weapons but also because I like to look cool in game and want to be able to style myself!

Elenna101

Farmer
I'm doing it because I am a sadist who is trying to get 100% completion plus all the clothing/weapons but also because I like to look cool in game and want to be able to style myself!
...I'm so sorry. Mostly because of the living hat, some of the weapons are probably annoying because they're random drops, but everything else is not too hard to get end-game especially since you can buy mushroom tree seeds from Mr. Qi now.

Cool math fact: Each grass you cut has (AFAIK) a 1/2 chance of dropping fiber. Also, they have a 1/100,000 chance of dropping the living hat. Note that a full chest can contain about 36,000 items. And (99999/100,000)^(36000*2) = 0.487 ~= 0.5
That is, if you keep cutting grass, and put all the fiber you get into a chest, there's about a 50-50 chance that you'll fill the entire chest with 36,000 pieces of fiber before getting a single living hat.

Yes, you also have a 1/10,000 chance of getting one when you kill a wilderness golem, or approximately a 2/10,000 chance if you have the burglar's ring equipped. But I think you can on average cut more than 20 fiber (by entering and exiting floor 80 of the mines repeatedly) before you find one wilderness golem. Granted I haven't spent much time testing this.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Because with a hat on, I look smashing. I also look smashing with a change of clothes. And again with a new hairstyle and color.

Additionally, I looked smashing before any of these changes.

And so you begin your journey of understanding...

Anhaga

Rancher
Cool math fact: Each grass you cut has (AFAIK) a 1/2 chance of dropping fiber. Also, they have a 1/100,000 chance of dropping the living hat. Note that a full chest can contain about 36,000 items. And (99999/100,000)^(36000*2) = 0.487 ~= 0.5
Wait, grass drops fiber? I thought it was just weeds that dropped fiber. Did something change?

Boots and rings function as armor in the game, but clothing is just for creative expression. Similarly, many players enjoy decorating their homes although wallpaper choice does not affect game play at all.