PC [BUG] Catching Legend crashes game.

Thermophile

Newcomer
I caught the legend, and the instant I did, it crashed my game. This may be due to the fact that I had already caught Legend II.

EDIT: I caught the legend a second time, and this time I got a chest. I can't say for sure if getting the chest was what prevented the crash, or if it was simply a largely chance event. I'd love to try to debug this more, but catching the darn thing is quite the hassle. If anyone else cares, I can send my save file from that day, which I copied into an extra folder. It's too large to copy into these forums, so I can't put it here.

If it helps, the crash happened the frame I would have held the legend up in the air, not when I exited the minigame.

Last edited:
If the game crashed, chances are you can find a .txt at %appdata%/StardewValley/ErrorLogs. Attach it here for us to see.

Thermophile

Newcomer
Sorry for the late reply, I'm busy weekdays because of college. I looked in the filepath you mentioned and couldn't find a crashlog. Well, technically, I couldn't find that filepath at all, since the only folder in my StardewValley folder is the saves folder, but I guess the ErrorLogs folder isn't made unless a report is submitted by the game.

Odin

Staff member
Well, technically, I couldn't find that filepath at all, since the only folder in my StardewValley folder is the saves folder, but I guess the ErrorLogs folder isn't made unless a report is submitted by the game.
Yep, if an error log hasn't ever been generated you wouldn't have the folder at all. That's ok though. I assume you aren't playing with any mods?