Cartoon Network Mod?

LRangerR

Local Legend
So, I'm currently lacking motivation so I figured i'd post this here. I was daydreaming one day and thought that Courage the Cowardly Dog would make a good substitute for George and Evelyn. I decided to pull a spritesheet for Evelyn and I turned it into This:
Muriel.png

MurielSprite.png
It's not finished, as i'm missing the bottom left sit frame, as well as another cookie gift frame that i didn't know existed at the time i pulled this sheet. Idk, what do you guys think so far? Please help motivate me, and if you think it's a seriously amazing idea, I'd appreciate any artistic help you can provide as well.
Toodles for now! :)

Last edited:

Odin

Staff member
I'm not familiar with the show, but if you've gotten this far, you should complete the rest of it! I think it looks good so far!

mouse

Farmer
I agree! The sprite editing is the biggest part of a replacer since it's just a few lines in a Content Patcher pack.

Rather than downloading stuff from spriter websites though, I suggest just unpacking the files yourself. That way they'll always be up to date with your game version, and in the right format (vs combined like in your example).

Feel free to ask if you need any help actually getting it into game! Content Patcher can do so much that it's easy to get overwhelmed by reading all the documentation up front, but this page on the wiki has a more "brand new friendly" walkthrough if needed, along with links to the full reference at the top :)

LRangerR

Local Legend
I agree! The sprite editing is the biggest part of a replacer since it's just a few lines in a Content Patcher pack.

Rather than downloading stuff from spriter websites though, I suggest just unpacking the files yourself. That way they'll always be up to date with your game version, and in the right format (vs combined like in your example).

Feel free to ask if you need any help actually getting it into game! Content Patcher can do so much that it's easy to get overwhelmed by reading all the documentation up front, but this page on the wiki has a more "brand new friendly" walkthrough if needed, along with links to the full reference at the top :)
Yeah I started editing the sprite before I even knew how to unpack everything. Slowly working through the whole content patcher thing but it's a bit much sometimes. I'll get it eventually though, it'll just take time. Thanks for the offer though, I'll probably shoot you a message if i get stuck.

LRangerR

Local Legend
SMAPI keeps saying my mod folder is empty. Not sure if i have the content and manifests' folder in the right place.

LRangerR

Local Legend
Can you upload and share your SMAPI log? A screenshot of your mod's folder (with the file path showing) would be useful information, too.

I think this is where the problem probably is: This inside my CNTest folder, which is the working mod so far. I updated the OP of this thread with the current working sprites that are in the Assets folder.
3.png

1.png

SMAPI log:
2.png

mouse

Farmer
Is it possible you have file extensions hidden or something? Depending on how the jsons were created (notepad loves to do this for new files, for example), you could end up with stuff like manifest.json.txt and not realize it.

(Uploading and sharing your SMAPI log means clicking this link and following the instructions there, though :) It lets you upload the actual log file in a way that's prettified and easy to read.)

LRangerR

Local Legend
Is it possible you have file extensions hidden or something? Depending on how the jsons were created (notepad loves to do this for new files, for example), you could end up with stuff like manifest.json.txt and not realize it.
Yep, that's the problem. Trying to figure out how to de-txt-ify it rn.

(Uploading and sharing your SMAPI log means clicking this link and following the instructions there, though :) It lets you upload the actual log file in a way that's prettified and easy to read.)
I'll be sure to do that when it's something important then. It was easier to just get a quick pic of it at the moment.

Thanks for the help btw, i was seriously thinking i was doing something wrong.]
-edit: And it works! Thanks a ton dude.

Last edited: