Solved cant play SVE

sear

Greenhorn
So i got a little into playing stardew valley and i experience some major issues with SVE. I have downloaded all the mods required and still nothing. It just doesnt show up like its not in the mods folder. Help someone? EDIT: now i cant play it is just stuck on loading screen and a bunch of red errors pop up in smapi
[game] ArgumentException: Cannot write XML declaration. WriteStartDocument method has already written it.
at System.Xml.XmlWellFormedWriter.WriteProcessingInstruction(String name, String text)
at System.Xml.XmlDeclaration.WriteTo(XmlWriter w)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.WriteContentTo(XmlWriter xw)
at SpaceCore.Patches.SaveGamePatcher.SerializeProxy(XmlSerializer serializer, XmlWriter origWriter, Object obj) in E:\source\_Stardew\Mods.spacechase0\SpaceCore\Patches\SaveGamePatcher.cs:line 396
at StardewValley.SaveGame+<getSaveEnumerator>d__89.MoveNext_PatchedBy<spacechase0.SpaceCore>(<getSaveEnumerator>d__89 this)
at StardewValley.SaveGame.<>c__DisplayClass87_0.<Save>b__0()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.<.cctor>b__277_0(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
--- End of stack trace from previous location ---
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot, Thread threadPoolThread)

[SMAPI] An error occurred in the overridden update loop: ArgumentException: Cannot write XML declaration. WriteStartDocument method has already written it.
at StardewValley.SaveGame.Save()+MoveNext() in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\SaveGame.cs:line 415
at StardewValley.Menus.SaveGameMenu.update(GameTime time) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\SaveGameMenu.cs:line 123
at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4142
at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3934
at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.OnPlayerInstanceUpdating(SGame instance, GameTime gameTime, Action runUpdate) in SMAPI\Framework\SCore.cs:line 695
(also im playing non-steam if that changes anything)

Attachments

Last edited:
Okay, I have no idea if this is your issue or not, but it seems possible, so I will explain the potential issue. I recently began modding and wanted to play SVE as well, but it wouldn't load no matter what I did. I went at it for 3-4 hours banging my head against a wall that just wouldn't break. I think that it is possible that you have the same issue I did. It has to do with PyTK and TMXL. They haven't been officially updated in quite a while and are completely outdated, thus making SVE not load. There are unofficial versions for both of these mods here and here. The first link is for PyTK and the second is for TMXL. The unofficial versions make the game load in really slow, so just be patient, it should work (it did for me) I hope this solves your issue!

Last edited:

sear

Greenhorn
Okay, I have no idea if this is your issue or not, but it seems possible, so I will explain the potential issue. I recently began modding and wanted to play SVE as well, but it wouldn't load no matter what I did. I went at it for 3-4 hours banging my head against a wall that just wouldn't break. I think that it is possible that you have the same issue I did. It has to do with PyTK and TMXL. They haven't been officially updated in quite a while and are completely outdated, thus making SVE not load. There are unofficial versions for both of these mods here and here. The first link is for PyTK and the second is for TMXL. The unofficial versions make the game load in really slow, so just be patient, it should work (it did for me) I hope this solves your issue!
umm now my game is just stuck at the console for smapi not opening the application Edit: nvm it asked for some permission

sear

Greenhorn
holy shat bro you are a literal legend thank you so much i have been having this problem for days you just made my day

holy shat bro you are a literal legend thank you so much i have been having this problem for days you just made my day
I don't know about a legend. I'm more of a very persistent idiot. Either way, I'm glad you got your game working. Cheers and happy gaming!