Solved Can't Load Game

Cpizzle

Newcomer
I decided to boot up Stardew to see the 1.5 content, but I can't load.

From Steam, I push play, and it says 'running' for a few seconds before it stops. I've rebooted, reinstalled, tried a proletariat copy and nothing works. I run without mods, so it can't be that.

ConcernedApe

Creator & Developer
Staff member
Here is the normal checklist of things to try when Stardew won't launch:
  • Delete the startup_preferences file in %AppData%/StardewValley
  • Go into the game file directly (you can find this by right clicking game in steam library > properties > local files > browse local files...) and then into the folder titled “_CommonRedist”, then “XNA”, then “4.0”, then “xnafx40_redist” installer. Once there, run the installer and hit repair.
  • If you don’t have SMAPI installed, right-click on Stardew Valley in Steam, then go to Properties > Set Launch Options, and make sure it is empty.
  • If you are running the software "RivaTuner", exit out of it completely before running the game
  • Go to Device Manager > System Devices and check if there is something called "FrescoLogic Display Adapter". this can cause incompatiblity issues.

Cpizzle

Newcomer
Legend.

The second one got it. But for some reason, that was in: Steam\steamapps\common\Steamworks Shared rather than the game folders.

LEJ

Newcomer
I have tried all of these and still can’t load the game. I press play in steam, it says running and then nothing.