Switch Can't Harvest Crops Correctly

MissDandy

Farmer
Decided to take a break from my Mac and play a bit on the switch. I have a farm where I went a little crazy and turned all of Ginger Island into an Ancient Fruit field, 600+ plants. Today I went to go harvest them all, and when doing so I usually mentally divide the field into rows of three horizontally, stand in the middle row and walk towards the right while picking the plants so that I can pick three rows while only walking across the field once. Well, the first two times I did this it went well and I picked the plants like I usually do, but the third time suddenly I couldn't pick all the fruit anymore. I was only picking up fruit from one row and I had to click multiple times to pick one fruit. (Usually I just hold down the button, as you would). I ended up having to click the button individually for each fruit for the rest of the field, and even then each time I tried to do this I would use the tool I was holding before picking the fruit (ex. my scythe would swing instead of picking the fruit right in front of me). It took forever, and then when I finally went back to my farm to put them all in kegs, I couldn't do that after a few seconds either! I usually just run through the kegs and hold the button down, but I had to put the fruit in individually into each keg. It took forever.

Anyone else experiencing this or know how to fix it? Its very frustrating and I've worked quite hard on this farm.

MissDandy

Farmer
Yes this is happening to me on switch only recently please let me know if you found a solution!
I'm actually still having the problem. The way I'm dealing with it is when is starts happening, I go to an empty spot of dirt or whatever, hoe it a few times, then use my pickaxe to get rid of the spot I just hoed. Using these tools seems to make the issue go away for a few minutes and let me finish picking. Very frustrating but you do what you gotta.