Can we change the kitchen furniture color?

Hill Myna

Farmer
Hello again Pleinelune! :)

If you're talking about the brown cabinets & draws, unfortunately the answer is no. However, they do match perfectly with the Oak category of Furniture, so at least they're not completely inconsistent with the rest of the game. The fridge cannot be altered either.

Wallpaper & Flooring can still be modified, though. As a bonus, the kitchen comes with two tiles "missing" or "indented", if you will. I know lots of people like to fireplaces in there, Mini-Fridges make sense too, but you can add in whatever you want! Plants, Pots, Chests, Endtables, you name it.

Hope this helps!

coille

Cowpoke
Hey hun, as the others said you can't wallpaper or paint the kitchen on vanilla Stardew. However, if you have android or pc Stardew and don't mind modding there are tons of kitchen remodels out there to change it up.

The kitchen, the stairs and hallways, and the full outline are always brown. I decorate and furnish the farmhouse with that in mind, using lots of wood furniture, fireplaces, and houseplants. Many of the flooring, wallpaper, and interior items do not coordinate with the unchangeable brown wood elements.
Once I had Krobus move in, and the aqua-grayish tone of his room addition did not match anything. It looked awful with the brown and nothing from the catalog could bring it together properly.