Modded Farm Camphor Tree Farm (Up to year 4)

Lenora Rose

Farmer
My last farm was modded but mostly not visually; this one hardly has anything visual left from the main game aside from crops.

My farmer is Satsuki, and has so far spent every season running around in a knee length skirt.

This beach farm variant is called Sea Breeze Farm, with a recolour called Blue Grass which is intended to be weirdly, wildly pastel. In theory the beach tiles are sprinkler friendly, but I opted to play it with the spirit of the farm, which meant sticking to the already generous (for a beach farm) grass patch for planting. (The glass pane behind the house is where the spouse patio is, so I literally cannot place anything right in front of it. I'd have preferred something simpler like a bit of fence, but I liked the sky being visible too much to fuss, and removing the glass just makes it look like the future spouse would be teetering on a cliff edge.)

This is what it looked like about a week into Spring, cleared a bit but barely started. I was intentionally letting the grass grow up on the right side beach so I could stick my coop and barn there.

Satsuki_9-18-2022_58155165.png

And here is Fall Year one. I'd decided the base farmhouse looked weird in the midst of the recolour, so replaced the farm buildings with a mod called Enchanted Garden. The building below the waterfalls is the coop, and the mushroom beside it is the silo. You can see the start of the orchard on one side, and the outline of where I planned my animal care space to be - complete with a line of tea saplings to make their fencing.

Satsuki_9-30-2022_79479550.png

Winter Year two. The flowers growing were a mod of my own that I was testing, in their initial sprite (I tidied them up a bit); Hellebores, which like crocuses bloom early enough there's often a bit of snow still around, so I designed them with a very long growing season but the ability to be planted in winter and spring to imitate the effect (They're actually for another farmer, so once the test winter and spring was complete, I removed them entirely). The tea fence is finished; the gaps are for Satsuki's use instead of gates; the animals don't wander out of them often, and are easy enough to find when they do. The fishponds and the orchard are taking shape (Though one of the invisible mods means outdoor trees don't grow in winter - not all mods make things easier), the greenhouse and stable are up, and the sprinklers were left out to mark the planned fields for the spring to come. The random assortment of machines by the house are still messy, though.

Satsuki_1-28-2023_62269107.png

And here it is on the last day of Spring year 4: (I'm on summer 3 right now, so this is as current as it gets), pretty much the moment I walked out the door for the day, with the animals puttering and none of the crops picked yet (Though they have that tattered look they get when a few things were harvested with only two days to go and no point to replanting). I kind of want a shed for all the preserve jars, but I also want two more fishponds on the other side of the beach umbrella, which is the only logical place to put it... (Up on the cliffy sections is too out of the way). I have every pre-GI animal except pigs; the cluster of floating hearts in front of the barn and behind the tapper trees is mostly sheep and cows. The orchard is complete except for some of the decorative ground (the orange tree isn't quite full grown, the others are but weren't until recently.) The beach and the tiny bit under the orchard are used for growing trees for wood production. The animals' shade trees are also the tappers. (I know the game doesn't require animals to have shade in summer but it bothers me when they don't. Might as well make use of my quirk.) The pink trees by the mushrooms and the exit towards Pelican Town are Mahogany.

Most of the unfamiliar trees are part of a tea-making mod; Satsuki has turned out to be a workoholic who is absolutely obsessed with getting kegs and kegs of tea. (The kegs and kegs are in the greenhouse, which has a cellar.)

Satsuki_4-30-2023_85781966.png

Lenora Rose

Farmer
I HAD orchard trees that matched the recolour better, called Pixie fruit trees. I removed them because they really didn't add anything to the game except visually, but I am a bit sad the orchard trees and the tea trees aren't a bit softer in hue.

Jayamos

Farmer
So pretty! And I too think the animals need shade trees. Might do an orchard/pasture combo on some save, though I’m not sure that would be practica.

My last farm was modded but mostly not visually; this one hardly has anything visual left from the main game aside from crops.

My farmer is Satsuki, and has so far spent every season running around in a knee length skirt.

This beach farm variant is called Sea Breeze Farm, with a recolour called Blue Grass which is intended to be weirdly, wildly pastel. In theory the beach tiles are sprinkler friendly, but I opted to play it with the spirit of the farm, which meant sticking to the already generous (for a beach farm) grass patch for planting. (The glass pane behind the house is where the spouse patio is, so I literally cannot place anything right in front of it. I'd have preferred something simpler like a bit of fence, but I liked the sky being visible too much to fuss, and removing the glass just makes it look like the future spouse would be teetering on a cliff edge.)

This is what it looked like about a week into Spring, cleared a bit but barely started. I was intentionally letting the grass grow up on the right side beach so I could stick my coop and barn there.

View attachment 15930

And here is Fall Year one. I'd decided the base farmhouse looked weird in the midst of the recolour, so replaced the farm buildings with a mod called Enchanted Garden. The building below the waterfalls is the coop, and the mushroom beside it is the silo. You can see the start of the orchard on one side, and the outline of where I planned my animal care space to be - complete with a line of tea saplings to make their fencing.

View attachment 15931

Winter Year two. The flowers growing were a mod of my own that I was testing, in their initial sprite (I tidied them up a bit); Hellebores, which like crocuses bloom early enough there's often a bit of snow still around, so I designed them with a very long growing season but the ability to be planted in winter and spring to imitate the effect (They're actually for another farmer, so once the test winter and spring was complete, I removed them entirely). The tea fence is finished; the gaps are for Satsuki's use instead of gates; the animals don't wander out of them often, and are easy enough to find when they do. The fishponds and the orchard are taking shape (Though one of the invisible mods means outdoor trees don't grow in winter - not all mods make things easier), the greenhouse and stable are up, and the sprinklers were left out to mark the planned fields for the spring to come. The random assortment of machines by the house are still messy, though.

View attachment 15932

And here it is on the last day of Spring year 4: (I'm on summer 3 right now, so this is as current as it gets), pretty much the moment I walked out the door for the day, with the animals puttering and none of the crops picked yet (Though they have that tattered look they get when a few things were harvested with only two days to go and no point to replanting). I kind of want a shed for all the preserve jars, but I also want two more fishponds on the other side of the beach umbrella, which is the only logical place to put it... (Up on the cliffy sections is too out of the way). I have every pre-GI animal except pigs; the cluster of floating hearts in front of the barn and behind the tapper trees is mostly sheep and cows. The orchard is complete except for some of the decorative ground (the orange tree isn't quite full grown, the others are but weren't until recently.) The beach and the tiny bit under the orchard are used for growing trees for wood production. The animals' shade trees are also the tappers. (I know the game doesn't require animals to have shade in summer but it bothers me when they don't. Might as well make use of my quirk.) The pink trees by the mushrooms and the exit towards Pelican Town are Mahogany.

Most of the unfamiliar trees are part of a tea-making mod; Satsuki has turned out to be a workoholic who is absolutely obsessed with getting kegs and kegs of tea. (The kegs and kegs are in the greenhouse, which has a cellar.)

View attachment 15933
wow, nice design! i'm a big fan of camphor soap btw :-)

View attachment 15930

View attachment 15931

View attachment 15932

View attachment 15933
do you have any connection to camphor trees or was it just because they're available in this mod?

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Oh wow that pink is magical, it really goes well with the modded beach farm.

I’ve been playing beach lately and honestly it’s definitely one of if not my favourite farm, I love the curves only it has well, leads to a lot more natural shapes and turns