Camp Stove

Miretar

Planter
How about a small portable stove that lets beginners do some cooking. We get recipes way before we can afford a kitchen. It would be great to have an item to bridge the gap.

imnvs

Local Legend
There is an item, but it takes getting Forage 9 to unlock the "Cookout Kit". I have already decried this as useless, because I will always have a kitchen before I get Forage 9. At that time, there is no point to hauling ingredients everywhere I go to cook later. I cook everything at home.

There is an item, but it takes getting Forage 9 to unlock the "Cookout Kit". I have already decried this as useless, because I will always have a kitchen before I get Forage 9. At that time, there is no point to hauling ingredients everywhere I go to cook later. I cook everything at home.
Me too...
But beside having the "Cookout Kit" earlier in the game (or have more advantages with it) it would also be nice to have other cooking possibilities. Why not be able to use the kitchen in the Community Center or even in other houses?

Salty1

Planter
I actually did use the cookout kit on my beach farm, but that's because I wanted to keep the basic farm shack and never upgraded the house on purpose. Don't really use it now that I have a warp tower to ginger island on that farm and can use the kitchen there whenever I want - though it's still a cute and thematic item. I'm definitely down for it being like level 2 foraging

Potatoes

Farmer
I actually did use the cookout kit on my beach farm, but that's because I wanted to keep the basic farm shack and never upgraded the house on purpose. Don't really use it now that I have a warp tower to ginger island on that farm and can use the kitchen there whenever I want - though it's still a cute and thematic item. I'm definitely down for it being like level 2 foraging
I think having it a level 2 foraging would be much nicer as well

Miretar

Planter
Not on iOS

LRangerR

Local Legend
It was discussed at length, and everyone here agrees that Level 9 foraging is far too late for it to be of any use to players. Currently the only reason why someone would create one would be to get an achievement for crafting everything.

imnvs

Local Legend
Not on iOS
Yes, but that update is in the works. You will get it. We already know this, and those of us on other platforms just have a head start in understanding this...

...that when you get that update, you will similarly not find any use for the cookout kit as it stands, just like the rest of us.

Last edited: