Solved [BUG] Wizard Potion Cutscene - 1st Quest

ChickenJewel

Greenhorn
Hey there, just started my very first playthrough of this game and I went to the community center, checked out some book with a weird language. Next day got mail to go to the wizards tower, spoke with him he said 2 things, not sure what he said but and my friend said he's supposed to make me drink a Potion to read the weird language book but there was no cutscene to drink anything, I've googled but found no help. My friend said restart my file but I'd really like to avoid that if plausible. It's day 20 and I go back to the wizards house daily but so far no luck. I can talk to him and give him items but he won't give me anything to drink.

ConcernedApe

Creator & Developer
Staff member
He doesn't actually give you an item to drink, there is a cutscene where you drink from his cauldron. It's possible you may have accidentally skipped it. What you can do is go to the community center and check one of the Junimo Notes on the ground (the thing that had the weird language). If it no longer has the weird language then everything is good. If it still has the weird language, then it's possible you missed some point in the quest chain. The order is: unlock community center -> read the weird language note -> receive letter from the wizard (which initiates a quest to visit the wizard) -> go to the wizard's tower & see the cutscene where you drink from the cauldron. After those steps you should be able to read the junimo notes. Hope this helps

ChickenJewel

Greenhorn
When I attempt to open up a Junimo book thing it just opens the Crafts Room page to deposit goods and get the bridge repair reward. Does that mean all is good?

Odin

Staff member
Yep, you're good to go! Just start donating items– and don't worry too much about lost time, there's no deadline for any of the community center stuff