PC [BUG] Tool Hit Location indicator is offset

hyouko

Greenhorn
Not 100% sure if this is a new-to-1.5 issue or if it pertains to widescreen resolutions, but here goes. The tool hit locator is sometimes showing up in incorrect / offset locations vs. where my character is facing. The actual tool effects still occur in the correct location when I use tools. Here's what I know:
  • I'm playing on PC (Steam), on a fully patched (as of this moment) unmodded 1.5 install
  • I am playing with an XBox One controller and using an ultrawide (3440x1440) display
  • The issue seems to occur sometimes when I exit and re-enter the farm map. It's not consistent in how much or in which direction the offset is, but I haven't seen it get more than 1 tile from my character. Sometimes the indicator shows up correctly.
  • I have my settings set to "Always Show Tool Hit Location" with "Hide Tool Location When Moving" unchecked. I've also checked "Controller Placement Tile Indicator".
See attached pic for a screenshot of the issue - the hit location indicator should be pointing to the right of the character and is instead directly below.

Attachments

hyouko

Greenhorn
Posting a small update to note that this doesn't seem to be tied to the ultrawide resolution; I noticed the same problem when exploring the mines on a laptop with a 1366x768 display (yes, it's old; doesn't play much except Stardew at this point!).

Mr. Podunkian

Sodbuster
I'm not 100% sure this is a glitch. In (most) of the screenshots posted, the mouse cursor is visible onscreen. In this state, the player's tool hit position is affected by the position of the the cursor (basically allowing you to specifically direct the tile you want to use your tool on). You can try this out for your self by either using your mouse or the right gamepad stick to move the cursor to a tile within 1 tile of the player -- you'll notice that while the cursor is within tool use range, the hit indicator will follow the cursor.

wildandblue

Sodbuster
I haven't seen it happen for a while on my Mac GOG version, but when it did, it seemed to be related to the zoom level.