PC [BUG] The pirates Wife Quest "Wrong Person" error

Fantality

Greenhorn
Steam version when giving the gourmet tomato salt to Gus it says "Wrong person" I cannot proceed the quest.

zfrm

Newcomer
Experiencing the same issue. Year 6, spring. Tried giving the salt to Gus in the morning when he's in his bedroom, in the evening when he's tending the pub.

Always "Wrong person".

N E N E

Farmhand
I am also experiencing this issue too, i tried to give it to everyone because i thought that stardew expanded has changed it to someone else, but still no one wants it and it kept on saying "wrong person"

tempest

Greenhorn
hey! i'm experiencing this also, on PC.

i thought i got rid of the war memento by accident. i saw an option to cancel the quest, so i thought that would reset it? i wasn't able to talk to birdie again, and then found the memento after. tried to give it to kent, but i got "wrong person."

it still happens after i updated to 1.15.2, and like nene i tried to give it to someone else but no luck there either.

zfrm

Newcomer
I'm playing vanilla. The only possibly interesting variables are that my save is from 1.4, and that I *possibly* first tried giving the salt to Gus when he was visiting the resort, but I'm not totally sure about the latter.

tempest

Greenhorn
@NinjaGinger i'm afraid not. i'm playing vanilla, and i'm not sure what version i started on, but i'm in winter of year 4 right now if that helps any? i also tried giving kent the war memento after cancelling the quest.

ConcernedApe

Creator & Developer
Staff member
Could anyone here who is experiencing this problem, attach their save file here? You can find it in %appdata%/StardewValley/Saves , look for the folder with your farmer name (or farm name), and zip the whole folder.

Or, could you check your journal and verify whether the "The Pirate's Wife" quest exists there or not?

N E N E

Farmhand
this is my latest farm that i am expierencing the issue in. and i also started this file in 1.5. (also there are many many mods used in this save) (also I do get the quest in my journal)

Attachments

Last edited:

zfrm

Newcomer
Thanks for looking into the issue.

Here's my save. Quest doesn't show up in the journal. It did at one point, not sure when it disappeared.

No mods.

Attachments

Last edited:

Pitsoft

Greenhorn
i had the same problem (Gus saying "wrong person" when handing him the tomato salt)
the problem was that i apparently canceled my "pirates wife" quest. (i think this quest should not be cancelable)
i solved the problem for me by copying the quest in the save game data from another player who still had the quest.