Switch [BUG] Switch Local Co-op Unable to join

blaster876

Newcomer
I've seen previous threads on this now but there's no resolution that I can find on any of them nor any noticing from developers on this issue.

It seems that if you start a Local Connection game and then ever play the same farm online characters that joined via local connection can never rejoin locally. My girlfriend and I played together locally on a save for a month but then she went home for a few days and we played online to continue. Now her character and switch won't show up if I try to host the game over a local connection. We can still connect and play online just fine but the severe lag that happens sometimes makes going into the caves impossible.

I saw a work around about making a new cabin on the farm and that it would let you rejoin locally. This worked once but then the next day when we tried to boot up again it didnt work and she couldn't connect again. I had to demolish the cabin and start over. This is really annoying as it causes us to lose a day every time which then means we can't play together.

Please tell me there is some visual to this bug by the devs. Its really disheartening as we bought the game to play together but now struggle to.