PC [BUG] Starting Local Co-op causes game to crash

Bangorindi

Newcomer
My boyfriend and I recently installed Stardew Valley in his PC and we played the Local Co op mode using two PS4 controllers. It’s been going really well and we are now in Year 2. But, today when we wanted to start playing co-op again as usual, the game crashes as soon as Player 2 presses the start button to join Player 1 in the Co-op mode. It crashes exactly when the split screen starts and the words “Connecting..” appears. Can anyone maybe help us fix this problem? We really enjoy the game, especially the local co op. Thank you.

Bangorindi

Newcomer
We are using steam big picture. My own guess is that somehow both the controllers are linked to one character, because when my boyfriend tries to connect to join the Local Co op, his half of the screen says connecting for a second and the other half of the screen is showing the title screen instead how it normally shows me the save file i am loaded in

Odin

Staff member
For everyone here, can you share your most recent error log? (Crashes don't always produce an error log, so you may not see any in the folder).
  • On Windows, press the windows key + R and enter %appdata%/stardewvalley/errorlogs.
  • On Mac, from your desktop click Go in the menubar (in the top right), then "Go to folder..." at the bottom of that menu. Enter ~/.config/StardewValley/ErrorLogs/.
If you have SMAPI installed, the best way to share a log is via https://smapi.io/log. Thanks!