PC [BUG] Qi Gems spent from other players wallet in multiplayer?

marzbars

Newcomer
My friend and I have been playing a multiplayer game (always playing together, no one plays solo) and today realized there was a drastic difference in our Qi gems that didn’t make sense.

We unlocked the Walnut Room somewhat recently and have attempted a handful of quests so far. The challenges we have completed successfully are Qi’s Crop (100 gems), Qi’s Hungry Challenge (25 gems), Qi’s Cuisine (25 gems), and Qi’s Prismatic Grange x2 (35 gems x2). The total we should have earned so far is 220 gems. My friend spent 30 gems on the initial two junimo chests, and 20 gems on the key to the town. I spent 15 gems on one junimo chest and 20 gems on the key to the town. Today, however, when we went to the walnut room to choose more rewards my friend had 200 gems and I only had 155. At first we thought the gems were shared, but learned that they are supposed to be rewarded individually. Obviously the math doesn’t sense in our case though, since she spent more than I did but still has more gems than I do.

Additional details: we are playing on pc, neither of us are using mods, and I am the game host. My friend was also the first to enter the Qi room and accept the first quest (Prismatic Grange). I entered for the first time a couple days later while we were completing it.

Could it be that because it was the first purchase, or because it was specifically the initial doubled junimo chests that the amount was taken out of my total (because I’m the host)? That would make the math add up. Or could it be because the quest was accepted before I had entered the walnut room for the first time?

We have no idea what’s going on. Has anyone else run into this problem or know what causes it?