PC [BUG] Possible bug: Shared name for NPC & pet

Huillam

Newcomer
First things first:
My game is modded and I can't exclude the possibility that one of them is causing the issue. If someone is able to reproduce the issue in a vanilla game (or can confirm the lack of issue) thanks in advance.
I'm running 1.5.2, in english and singleplayer.

I noticed that on a regular basis I can't talk to Penny (I can still give her gifts) despite not having talked to her on that day. As she share her name with my cat and a there were previous similar issues with shared names I've been wondering if that could be the reason (although as far as I remember I always named my cat Penny in all my previous playthroughs without ever noticing an issue).
The issue resolves itself for a while by going back to the title screen and reloading the day but I've not been able to find the exact trigger (sleeping for three days in a row for example did not trigger the issue). That in turn makes it harder for me to pinpoint the cause of the issue.

LJneko

Newcomer
Oh my god, I've gone all around looking for someone witha similar problem... my game was unmodded up until yesterday, and this glitch had been happening since before I modded it- My farmer's dog's name is Sam, and I can't talk to Sam the npc at all- I had no idea that kind of thing could happen!