PC [BUG] Perfection in under three years not possible.

Tyndel

Newcomer
This is technically not a bug, but it's definitely unintended behavior. There are some visual elements of the cutscene at the Summit, which you get after achieving perfection, that only appear if certain conditions are met (looking into code here). One of these is a check if it is still year 2 or 1. It is barely possible to get 100% perfection on the last day of year 2, because that's when the last run of Queen of the Sauce is aired. But, the boulder that blocks the way to the summit is removed overnight, which means viewing the cutscene is not possible in year 2. To fix this either the recipe needs to be made available earlier, even if by one day, or the check could be extended by one day so that viewing the scene on Spring 1, Year 3 still counts.

imnvs

Local Legend
I don't think this is unintended behavior. You have never been able to get Master Chef before the 1st of Spring in Year 3.

That's exactly the reason I objected to someone else's suggestion from a while back about having a CC bundle requiring cooking recipes that could have potentially included the shrimp cocktail. It would prevent completing the CC until you get the last cooking recipe required... and some recipes can only be acquired slowly from Queen of the Sauce.

Ereo

Helper
Are you saying the cut scene would be different if you achieved perfection in year 2?

Do you know how it would differ?

Tyndel

Newcomer
I don't think this is unintended behavior. You have never been able to get Master Chef before the 1st of Spring in Year 3.

That's exactly the reason I objected to someone else's suggestion from a while back about having a CC bundle requiring cooking recipes that could have potentially included the shrimp cocktail. It would prevent completing the CC until you get the last cooking recipe required... and some recipes can only be acquired slowly from Queen of the Sauce.
I have no issue with the recipe being available on the last day of year 2, I just think that the resulting unused element in the Summit cutscene was probably unintentional.

Are you saying the cut scene would be different if you achieved perfection in year 2?

Do you know how it would differ?
After Krobus & friends fly past the screen in the sky, there would be a airplane flying by with a banner showing ConcernedApe's Face. There are two other checks: one checking for having seen the Strange Capsule event, another for having earned 100 million gold. These two can be attained and show up when achieved.

Last edited: