PC [BUG] Not catching any fish on Beach Farm (1.5.1)

Finnian

Greenhorn
I have stopped catching fish entirely on the beach farm...it's been weeks since I've seen a single bite. At first, I was just catching 12-15 pieces of trash, about 4-5 crab pot fish/seaweed and maybe 3 fish per sdv day, but now I'm not catching any fish at all. I've tried fishing off the dock, off the little island near the forest entrance, along every shore that has deep water nearby, and I still can't get a single bite anymore. My fishing level is 10 and my casts are almost always maxed, and I really love fishing, so this is quite sad for me!

Has anyone else been experiencing this? I was really disappointed with how few bites I was getting, watching my chests fill up with newspaper and driftwood, and now I'm not even seeing any fish at all. I feel like it kind of defeats the purpose of a fishing/foraging farm if you can't fish :(

P.S. I don't have any mods, pure vanilla!

Last edited:

Drullo321

Sodbuster
Do you have any quests running related to fishing, e.g some special orders? Just a guess. Never encountered such an issue by myself on the beach farm. Just had days with more or less trash. I feel with you.

Finnian

Greenhorn
Do you have any quests running related to fishing, e.g some special orders? Just a guess. Never encountered such an issue by myself on the beach farm. Just had days with more or less trash. I feel with you.
I've not been on any fishing quests yet, but I'll double check! I'm wondering if the trash loot pool is just insanely high, since you can also catch trash from crab pots and the game might be combining that trash chance with the normal fishing trash chance, but that's just a theory