PC [BUG] Multiplayer only one person can join (new problem)

Akarna

Newcomer
So, when 1.5.5 launched the host on our 3-player server couldn't start the game without it crashing. Now it finally works for the host, and exactly one player can join, but not the other one. It's not the last player's problem, if one person joins, they get to play their character in their cabin etc, but the third player gets stuck in "Connecting..."/"Connection failed", no matter who's the last one to join.
It's a 40-hour farm so it's a new problem that's come since the patch.
Suggestions?

eggie

Newcomer
We have been having connecting issues as well. 3 person farm and it either crashes or the 2 other players just cannot connect. Along with the bug where it would randomly crash after going to sleep. It's made the game unplayable in multiplayer for us.

Last edited:

kabri29

Newcomer
We have also been having this problem. Intermittently, one player cannot connect to the host. We can connect on other games, with either one of them or myself hosting. We;ve tried rebooting each computer, resetting the internet, etc. I can connect to the host no problem every time. Any ideas?

Masurupukka

Newcomer
We are also experiencing severe problems with multiplayer. Yesterday we played two player PC coop, and the joined player would randomly disconnect and/or lag very often, like 5 times in an hour. It almost makes the game unplayable. Today in 4 player coop some players would randomly disconnect and others have severe lag. The host is always fine. Very annoying bug :(

jvanier

Greenhorn
I'm experiencing the same issue: LAN games used to work flawlessly. Now it takes many attempts for players to connect. It says connecting for a long time, and most of the time it goes to Connection Failed and we have to retry. It's not always the same computer that has problems joining. When all players finally connect, I had never noticed rubber banding in Stardew in the past years but now it's common. Players are also randomly kicked. Both Linux and Windows clients have the issues. Host is a Windows machine. Changing firewall settings didn't seem to improve the situation.

One hint for people experiencing this is to have the host type /pause after starting the game so that people can join without the day starting. If people get kicked, type /pause again until everyone has re-joined. It's not ideal, but it avoids loosing all the progress of a day.