Solved [Bug] Game says 129/130 golden walnuts but all have been found

zancakes

Newcomer
I've been hosting a multiplayer game with one other person on the farm. We've both found golden walnuts and have searched guides and know that we've found all of them. I've even checked the save file through a "perfection checker" site and it shows we've collected all but the game marks it as one missing (attached a screenshot of what the website says about the walnuts). I did notice that the golden walnut count was off by one somewhere around our 100th. The game is in the latest 1.5.3 update in English and I host on MacOS Mojave 10.14.6 with no mods. Since we're trying to reach the full perfection goal, we'd really like to get the 130/130 shown in-game. Thanks for reading.
Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 11.30.45 PM.png

imnvs

Local Legend
Well, just from that screenshot taken from the checkup I can tell you one thing is for certain: your save file is glitched. You'll have to edit it. Before you begin to try, make absolutely certain to backup your save! If you open it in Notepad (or another text/code editor), do a search in the text for 129 to more easily find the part you'll need to edit. I'd search the whole document to see how many instances you find, track down which one appears to be the correct instance, and then change it to 130. Save. Then try the checkup again to see if it has worked.

Edit to add: It appears the tag you could search is "goldenWalnutsFound" and that should bring you right to the correct tag where you need to change the number from 129 to 130.

Last edited:

zancakes

Newcomer
I changed the file to 130 like you suggested and I checked in-game which now says 130/130 golden walnuts found. Thanks for the help! I wish it didn't glitch out in the first place but I'm glad it was an easy fix anyway.

yasibooobah

Newcomer
Well, just from that screenshot taken from the checkup I can tell you one thing is for certain: your save file is glitched. You'll have to edit it. Before you begin to try, make absolutely certain to backup your save! If you open it in Notepad (or another text/code editor), do a search in the text for 129 to more easily find the part you'll need to edit. I'd search the whole document to see how many instances you find, track down which one appears to be the correct instance, and then change it to 130. Save. Then try the checkup again to see if it has worked.

Edit to add: It appears the tag you could search is "goldenWalnutsFound" and that should bring you right to the correct tag where you need to change the number from 129 to 130.
Just want to say THANK YOU. I made an account just to like/comment. My year 10 farm is now not a complete waste of time trying to get 100%. Thank you!!

Geoman265

Tiller
I hope that a more permanent fix releases soon. Consoles can't edit their save file, so if it happens on a console world there is pretty much nothing that can be done.

imnvs

Local Legend
I hope that a more permanent fix releases soon. Consoles can't edit their save file, so if it happens on a console world there is pretty much nothing that can be done.
And it does happen, too, sadly. 😥 I wish there was a way to fix this for y'all now, yes.

huffcap

Newcomer

hi! my save is glitched too, and I want to do this, but I am a lil worried (and very much to a novice at game code stuff). how would you suggest I back up my save? will using an edited save affect my steam accomplishments? and what file do I edit? ty in advance!! :))

1619439036592.png

Ereo

Helper
To backup, just copy your save into a different folder. That way, you'll always have the original. If something goes wrong when editing, you delete the edited one and copy your original back.

You have two save files, blue_xxx and blue_xxx_old. The old one is one day back, you can always use that if you do something wrong. Backup both to be sure, and edit the one without the old, that is the one the game reads.

huffcap

Newcomer
To backup, just copy your save into a different folder. That way, you'll always have the original. If something goes wrong when editing, you delete the edited one and copy your original back.

You have two save files, blue_xxx and blue_xxx_old. The old one is one day back, you can always use that if you do something wrong. Backup both to be sure, and edit the one without the old, that is the one the game reads.
thank you!! <3

hey_its_kae

Newcomer
!! in case someone else is here years later looking for the solution, i found one that doesn't require editing the save file !! go into the little chat bar and type /recountnuts -> press enter -> glitch will be fixed :)