Windows [BUG] Desktop shortcut broken?

Jacquetta21

Greenhorn
I just switched on my laptop today and my desktop shortcut for stardew valley (usually just the chicken logo) where I normally start my game was replaced by a white page icon. I clicked on it and windows asks how I want to open this url file? I can still launch my game from steam and tried to delete and replace the shortcut but with the same result. Its not urgent, I can still play but I'm worried it might mean something somewhere is wrong. I'm not techie btw. It would just be nice to be able to launch my game from my desktop. Help?

Kreeate

Rancher
I just switched on my laptop today and my desktop shortcut for stardew valley (usually just the chicken logo) where I normally start my game was replaced by a white page icon. I clicked on it and windows asks how I want to open this url file? I can still launch my game from steam and tried to delete and replace the shortcut but with the same result. Its not urgent, I can still play but I'm worried it might mean something somewhere is wrong. I'm not techie btw. It would just be nice to be able to launch my game from my desktop. Help?
Hi,

Have you tried going to Steam, then right-click on Stardew Valley in your game library, then "Manage" then "Add desktop shortcut"?

empanada

Greenhorn
I'm having the same issue, the icon is not showing up for my desktop and start bar, I tried searching for the game files but I cant find the folder, I got this game on Xbox so also I cannot solve this using Steam

discord4.PNG

sorry, I can't take a screenshot with the star bar opened so I took a picture with my phone

imagen_2022-01-27_225759.png

I have a Lenovo Y-50 with Windows 10