Solved [BUG] Crash after foraging in local co-op

Waddle

Newcomer
All attached files point to the same issue. Game crashes after either the host or co-op forage. At first, it was a daffodil in front of the bus stop, which we tested with both players. We then kept playing and after foraging shells on the beach crashed the game, we decided that the bug rendered the game unplayable.

Attachments

dmjohnsonnn

Newcomer
Same issue here - any type of foraging completely crashes the game and I receive no error message. Even new save files, but when I go back to any old save files, they are completely fine. Hope it gets fixed :/

afassy

Newcomer
Encountered a similar(or maybe the same?) problem here. I never co-oped though. The game would crash whenever I pick up an item that need to be foraged, no matter it was an normal forage or it was grown out of mixed seeds in my farm. :awe: The issue won't go away even if I return to the old file from the same save.

dmjohnsonnn

Newcomer
Encountered a similar(or maybe the same?) problem here. I never co-oped though. The game would crash whenever I pick up an item that need to be foraged, no matter it was an normal forage or it was grown out of mixed seeds in my farm. :awe: The issue won't go away even if I return to the old file from the same save.
Let me clarify, my most recent save file, none of the foraging works. But if I go to a completely different save file, basically anything except my most recent, the game is fine

xanmar

Newcomer
I'm having the same problem as well, not being able to pick up anything sitting on the ground. Foragables, animal products, fruit bat fruits, etc. It was only on my most recent save tried too. Went back to my very first save and it worked, created a new save and it worked fine as well. I'll add more error logs, but they seem to be almost exactly the same.

Attachments

dmjohnsonnn

Newcomer
I’ve found a fox from ConcernedApe!

Try switching to the "compatibility" branch on Steam (right click Stardew Valley in library > Properties > Betas > select "Compatibility" from drop down menu)

I did this and now it works fine

afassy

Newcomer
Last edited:

ilovedilfs669

Newcomer
this issue has been happening to me too.

edit: steam allowed me to update and since then it hasnt been an issue

Last edited: