PC [BUG] Character glitching, freezing in Fair Fishing Game

savadoo

Newcomer
While playing the fishing game at the fair, my character is freezing and glitching. Sometimes I'm still able to play the game despite my sprite showing incorrectly as long as I don't move up or down, only side to side. Other times it freezes regardless. Sometimes I'm able to exit the game with escape, but not always. Playing version 1.5.1 on PC with no mods. I've got about 300 hours in the game and haven't seen this before, so I'm guessing it's from the latest update? I've attached a screenshot.

Attachments

mouse

Farmer
Are you able to make this happen on purpose? This looks similar to a general "stuck while fishing" bug people have been occasionally running into for a long time, but it's seemed pretty random and difficult to reproduce so far. Any additional information you could provide about what you were doing, how you were fishing, are you using a controller, etc would be appreciated, especially if you can make it happen on purpose :)

handfulofbees

Newcomer
Had this happen as well, fishing with the iridium rod for the first time (at the beach, fall). PC, steam, mouse+keyboard, 1.5.1.

The casting animation seemed to be missing several frames.

Later, I accidentally had the rod equipped and cast while in the farmhouse. The animation froze, and I was unable to click out of it, or access any menus. Audio kept playing while this happened, and I had to tab out and close the game from desktop.

annia316

Greenhorn
Can confirm. As soon as I walk down and accidentally cast the fishing rod downward the character froze on me. The time was still counting down but nothing happened after it went to 0:00 .. I had to close the game and start again in the morning when last saved.