PC [BUG] Audio Bug and Can't Record The Game Bug 1.5.5 Update/1.5.6 Update

NotBad2142

Greenhorn
READ POST #8 FOR THE BUGS.

So every time I try to change the resolution to 3840x2160 and the game to fullscreen mode it resets the resolution to 4096x2160 and the game to windowedBorderlessFullscreen mode even when i try to manually change the resolution and window mode settings in default_options file and startup_preferences file.

I've tried reinstalling the game, deleting all my mods, save games and the default_options file and startup_preferences file but it still resets the resolution to 4096x2160 and the game to windowedBorderlessFullscreen mode.

I've tried without any mods installed but i still encounter the same issues, so the mods aren't the issue.

As far as I know the 1.5.5 Hotfix Update prevents the resolution and the window mode from being set.

It worked in the 1.5.4 Update with and without mods being installed but it doesn't work with the 1.5.5 Hotfix Update at all.

I don't know what to do anymore because I've tried everything i know.

Last edited:

tigs

Newcomer
The thing I noticed is that the game only gives the 'fullscreen' option if you come from 'windowed' (not 'windowedborderless') mode. So what I do is, is load a game, switch to windowed, then switch to fullscreen as the fullscreen option only exists while the game is windowed.

/a weird bug to be sure, but that's how I circumvent it so far :/

NotBad2142

Greenhorn
The thing I noticed is that the game only gives the 'fullscreen' option if you come from 'windowed' (not 'windowedborderless') mode. So what I do is, is load a game, switch to windowed, then switch to fullscreen as the fullscreen option only exists while the game is windowed.

/a weird bug to be sure, but that's how I circumvent it so far :/
I know about that issue but my issue is it always resets even when i start a new game and save it with my resolution set to 3840x2160 and the game set to fullscreen mode.

I also play the game with my sister and record/edit the footage for my YouTube Channel so i can't play the game with any of the these issues or record the game in windowedBorderlessFullscreen mode because it won't let me record to begin with and changing the settings every time i start up the game is a big no because the game keeps resetting the settings i set every time i startup the game so i really wish i could play and record the game but i can't because of these issues.

I've also tested the same set of issues on my sister's laptop and it still has the same issues as my desktop pc so it is a reproducible bug but i don't know why it is happened to begin with.

NotBad2142

Greenhorn
So the new hotfixes solved the resetting issues but i still have issues with OBS Studio not detecting the game is running in fullscreen mode so i still can't record my gameplay and i have OBS Studio set to Display Capture so i don't know why i can't record the game.

I'm also have a issue with the game changing my display from HDR mode to SDR mode every time i start the game.

It wasn't doing that on the 1.5.4 Update and yes i know Stardew Valley Doesn't support HDR but when i play any game that doesn't support HDR it never changes from HDR to SDR it stays in HDR mode even when a game doesn't support HDR because Windows 10 HDR doesn't change from HDR to SDR when games don't support HDR it leaves it in HDR mode because turning on Windows 10 HDR only allows the option to turn on HDR in games that support HDR otherwise it's just looks like SDR.

What I'm trying to say is when it changes from HDR mode to SDR mode it mess up my displays colors and OBS Studio from detecting the game is running and because it can't detect the game is running i can no longer see the Display Capture yellow border around my screen.

I just want to know if this is a game issue or a video driver issue because i'm using the Nvidia 497.09 driver and this issue wasn't happening on the 1.5.4 Update but these issues are happening on the 1.5.5 Hotfix Update.

Last edited:

NotBad2142

Greenhorn
Well i guess i kind of solved my issue all i have to do is run the game in windowed mode and use a program called Borderless Gaming in order for the game to stop switching from HDR to SDR because it runs in HDR mode when the game is set to windowed mode but for some reason it just doesn't want to run in HDR mode in fullscreen mode or windowedBorderlessFullscreen mode on the 1.5.5 Update but i didn't have to do this work around on version 1.5.4 so i guess i kind of solved my issue.

I also tested to see if it was a video driver issue but it wasn't so i just had to look for a work around to solve this issue and i did so if anyone else is having this issue this maybe a solution for this issue.

L3ads1nger

Newcomer
Well i guess i kind of solved my issue all i have to do is run the game in windowed mode and use a program called Borderless Gaming in order for the game to stop switching from HDR to SDR because it runs in HDR mode when the game is set to windowed mode but for some reason it just doesn't want to run in HDR mode in fullscreen mode or windowedBorderlessFullscreen mode on the 1.5.5 Update but i didn't have to do this work around on version 1.5.4 so i guess i kind of solved my issue.

I also tested to see if it was a video driver issue but it wasn't so i just had to look for a work around to solve this issue and i did so if anyone else is having this issue this maybe a solution for this issue.
I am still have issues with the resolution of the game, what are your steps to fixing it?

NotBad2142

Greenhorn
I am still have issues with the resolution of the game, what are your steps to fixing it?
I'm not exactly sure what steps your asking for so i will give you both of the solutions that i know of.

Solution 1:
If your game is resetting your settings every time you start up the game then you need to verify your game files to make sure your on the latest version.

Here are the instructions on how to verify your game files on Steam/GOG:
On Steam go to your library and find Stardew Valley then right click on Stardew Valley then click on properties then go to Local Files then click on Verify integrity of game files.

On GOG go to your library and find Stardew Valley then right click on Stardew Valley then hover over Manage installation then click on Verify / Repair.

Solution 2:
If you are having the issue with the game switching from HDR to SDR then you need to use a program called Borderless Gaming.

Here are the instructions on how to use Borderless Gaming:

Once it has downloaded install Borderless Gaming then start it up and then start up the game.

When the game reaches to the tile screen look to the top right of the screen and you'll see a icon to switch the game from fullscreen mode to window mode.

After you've done that go to the Borderless Gaming program and you'll see on the left hand side of the program it will say Applications and on the right hand side it will say Favorites (automatic).

Now you want to look for Stardew Valley on the left hand side of the program then click on Stardew Valley and then you'll see in the middle of the program a set of arrows.

Now you want to click on the arrow pointed to the right to add Stardew Valley to Favorites (automatic) it should now force the game to run in Windowed Borderless Fullscreen.

That's how i solved my issue because for some reason when i use Stardew Valley's built-in windowedBorderlessFullscreen mode i still get issues so that why i use this work around for now.

Quick Note about the Borderless Gaming program if Stardew Valley gets updated or your playing the game modded every time you add or remove a mod you will have to redo the add to Favorites (automatic) because Borderless Gaming is explicit about the names of the Applications AKA Borderless Gaming wouldn't work because the name of the game is different from what it was expecting it to be.

Last edited:

NotBad2142

Greenhorn
Well i just found some new Bugs with Stardew Valley 1.5.5 Update/1.5.6 Update and i tested the following Bugs on my Desktop PC and my Sister's Laptop so these should be reproducible Bugs.

Bug 1:
OBS Studio and Nvidia Shadow Play can't/won't record the game when it is set to fullscreen mode or windowedBorderlessFullscreen mode but you can record in Windowed mode so when you want to record the game you will have to use my work around in Post #7 (Note: The Work Around in Post #7 may not work for everyone)

Bug 2:
When i load my save game all of the audio is set to max but the audio slider UI elements show it like this
Untitled.png

so i can't set the audio to the correct values because it won't allow me or my sister to set it correctly.

Last edited:

NotBad2142

Greenhorn
So i just tried to see if my work around would work for my Sister's Laptop and apparently it doesn't work so she can't record any gameplay at all which sucks because she is the one who wanted to record to the game begin with.

So just hope they fix the 2 Bugs i reported because it truly sucks that we can't record the game the way we were recording it before the 1.5.5 Update.

The 1.5.5 Update really did break a lot of things for us i really do hope they can fix these Bugs that i reported.

Last edited:

NotBad2142

Greenhorn
I'm still encountering the same bugs that i reported on the 1.5.5 Update and now I'm encountering the same bugs with the 1.5.6 Update.

I was hoping they would be fix but i guess i still have to wait.

Last edited:

NotBad2142

Greenhorn
I'm still surprise these bugs/issues haven't been fixed yet because i have seen multiple people report the same audio bug/issue and the can't/won't record the game bug is kind of niche because not that many people record the game to begin with so i don't really expect a lot people to report that bug but it's so weird that these bugs/issues still haven't been fixed.

NotBad2142

Greenhorn
I've reported the Audio Bug and Can't Record The Game Bug over a Month ago and i still haven't seen any acknowledgement from anyone that these bugs are being fixed yet.

I would just like to know when these bugs will be fixed so me and my sister can start to play the game again because it's been 47 Days since we played and we are really close to 100% completion.