PC [BUG] Artifact donated to museum not showing up as having been found

BerryBea

Newcomer
I got a rusty cog and donated it to the museum, but when I look at my collections page, it's still greyed out like the items I haven't found yet. I can right click on it in the museum to see its description. I've tried moving it in the museum, but that didn't change anything. I might have found this one from a trove and immediately ran down to donate it, if that makes a difference. I've been trying to find a second one, to see if it will register or not, but so far I've just gotten the one. (I checked it on Stardew Checkup and it's also showing donated, but not found on there. A screenshot is attached.) This is a single-player game with no mods. This happened a few updates ago (maybe 1.5.1? I'm not 100% sure, but it was definitely 1.5 or later.) If/when I find a second one, I'll update this to share whether it registers.

Attachments

BerryBea

Newcomer
I just wanted to update this since I found another rusty cog. It did register as being found. (So maybe I did get the first one from a trove and then ran down and donated it before the clock ticked over, if that's possible. Could that have done it?) Either way, it's fine now.