PC [BUG] 129/130 Golden Walnuts according to the Qi room, but the Parrot has no hints for me.

wiseguy149

Newcomer
Isn't the parrot in Leo's old house supposed to tell you each day one of the possibilities for where you still have golden walnuts left to find? Any time I click on him now he just squawks and gives no hint. Is this a bug or is he just supposed to not give any hints at some point?

I suspect it is a bug because I believe the game thinks I've found them all, and the count is somehow missing one.

I've checked guides online for all of the golden walnuts and I can definitely confirm I've checked all of the fixed locations.
While I suppose it's technically possible that I haven't gotten all of them from one of the RNG or variable sources such as crops, fishing, & the volcano on Ginger Island, since it's impossible for me to remember how many dropped from every source, I would be very surprised if I had any left.
I've gone for quite a few in-game days of fishing, harvesting, dungeon runs, etc... and haven't had any more golden walnuts drop from those sources in absolutely ages.

What's more, I used the save checker at https://mouseypounds.github.io/stardew-checkup/ and it says the following:

Sarah has found 129 of 130 golden walnuts. (PT: 99.2%)
! Warning: Save lists a count of 129 but we've found markers for 130
  • Collect enough walnuts (10) to earn Leo's trust.
  • Collect enough walnuts (101) to access the secret room.
  • Collect all golden walnuts.

Does this mean that the count is indeed bugged despite the fact that I've exhausted all of the sources, or is something else going on here?

Eastwolf

Greenhorn
You know, I'm sitting at 129 as well and I'm pretty sure I got them all but I can't be positive. I will have to try the Stardew checkup tomorrow.

MatheusTMB

Newcomer
I found a solution but it involves messing with your save so I recommend making a backup, So to solve it you will need to open your save file as a txt, then press the word search shortcut and search for goldenwalnutsfound and change the number.

I only recommend doing this if you have all the markers according to the stardew valley checkup and checked all the places manually to see if you haven't forgotten any, and always keep the backup before the change.

Sarin

Newcomer
I am currently at 124/130. The parrot gives no hints, I've literally checked all the spots 5 times over, I've scoured the volcano, fished the sea, cracked coconuts, you name it, I've done it all multiple times. Like original post said unless I am just having like really bad RNG luck (which is always possible) I have seriously bombed and killed everything in that volcano and looted all the chests which I've only gotten a variety of seeds and weapons/rings lately. I know I had gotten walnuts out of the chests before. I still can't seem to even find the last few ones needed to finish this.

I did try to see if anything would change if I changed the number in the txt file and it didn't. I'm still lost on these last 6 :( if anyone else has any good suggestions to try. Oh I've also used the Stardew checkup site.

According to ConceredApe, it may be normal that parrot doesn't give you advice because all coconuts doesn't have hint.

Sarin

Newcomer
According to ConceredApe, it may be normal that parrot doesn't give you advice because all coconuts doesn't have hint.
Oh, that's very unfortunate for me hahaha. I guess I'll just have to keep working on the volcano. At least according to the wiki that could be the only place I am possibly missing any of the golden walnuts, but also according to the wiki the parrot gave hints to all locations and quantities. I've already searched the island multiple times in all the hidden locations/dig up spots/etc but I'll keep trying! Thank you :D

Sarin

Newcomer
What did the check up say? Shouldn't it tell you exactly which ones are missing?
It unfortunately doesn't tell you.
Under perfection tracker it says : 4.77% (of 5% possible) from Golden Walnuts Found (124/130 or 95.4%)
When I click the see above for needs it takes me up to the skills summary.

And under Golden Walnuts
Jin has found 124 of 130 golden walnuts. (PT: 95.4%)
Warning: Save lists a count of 124 but we've found markers for 130

It unfortunately doesn't tell you.
Under perfection tracker it says : 4.77% (of 5% possible) from Golden Walnuts Found (124/130 or 95.4%)
When I click the see above for needs it takes me up to the skills summary.

And under Golden Walnuts
Jin has found 124 of 130 golden walnuts. (PT: 95.4%)
Have you ever dropped a walnut on the ground and never collected it? Happened recently to someone here, the walnuts from a puzzle dropped but passed out before picking them up because it was 2am. The game marked them as collected, even though they never did pick them up, and the puzzle never dropped them again. Ended up requiring some save tweaking.

Sarin

Newcomer
Have you ever dropped a walnut on the ground and never collected it? Happened recently to someone here, the walnuts from a puzzle dropped but passed out before picking them up because it was 2am. The game marked them as collected, even though they never did pick them up, and the puzzle never dropped them again. Ended up requiring some save tweaking.
I have thankfully been extremely lucky in not dropping any. I've never passed out during any of the puzzle games. I've been farming the volcano and making sure to plant crops again just incase but I have yet to see anything come out of it. D:

I have thankfully been extremely lucky in not dropping any. I've never passed out during any of the puzzle games. I've been farming the volcano and making sure to plant crops again just incase but I have yet to see anything come out of it. D:
Mind sharing the savefile? You can attach it to a message here in the forum.

Ereo

Helper
I think that part means you actually found all, but the game somehow didn't register them. So you might have to edit your save file to get the archievement.

MatheusTMB

Newcomer
I am currently at 124/130. The parrot gives no hints, I've literally checked all the spots 5 times over, I've scoured the volcano, fished the sea, cracked coconuts, you name it, I've done it all multiple times. Like original post said unless I am just having like really bad RNG luck (which is always possible) I have seriously bombed and killed everything in that volcano and looted all the chests which I've only gotten a variety of seeds and weapons/rings lately. I know I had gotten walnuts out of the chests before. I still can't seem to even find the last few ones needed to finish this.

I did try to see if anything would change if I changed the number in the txt file and it didn't. I'm still lost on these last 6 :( if anyone else has any good suggestions to try. Oh I've also used the Stardew checkup site.
it could be a problem with a event then you have to reset it, i think that i saw a post that has a solution for this in the solved bug threads.

Sarin

Newcomer
Mind sharing the savefile? You can attach it to a message here in the forum.
I couldn't seem to attach the save file itself and it said that the text file was to large. I did attempt to go into the txt save file and change the number from 124 to 130 and save it, but when it moved to the next day it just went back to 124 again.

Last edited:

Sarin

Newcomer
it could be a problem with a event then you have to reset it, i think that i saw a post that has a solution for this in the solved bug threads.
If you find the page with this solution again could you shoot it my way :D? Ty!

Sarin

Newcomer
Okay I don't know how, if it for some reason managed to save this time through even though it didn't save at all before, I got my counter to 130/130 and I was able to unlock the Summit and the golden chicken. So I don't know exactly what I did to fix it because it just seem to work all of a sudden when I checked Qi's room. Thank you everyone for your suggestions and your help! <3

FyreNWater

Greenhorn
Hello! I've been following this thread for a while and finally made an account to comment.

I have the exact same issue as the top post, including the error when using the save checker site. I've also tried editing the save text file, but the number changes back to 129/130 when I load the game again. I've tried running the game both with and without mods/SMAPI, tried verifying game files, tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling it, and combinations of the above. Regardless, the result is still the same: one bugged golden walnut.

Any new insight on fixing this?

imnvs

Local Legend
Any new insight on fixing this?
No.

However, you can fix the result of the bug (I know this because you can use the checkup meaning you have file access). (The actual bug is that the walnut count is not counted correctly sometimes.) You can fix the count. All you have to do is follow the instructions laid out in the guide thread I have linked in my signature. Note: there are some walnuts the parrot will not give hints on, so you want to make sure the checkup reads as I describe it in that guide thread.