PC [BUG] 1.5 - Split Screen Multiplayer with Dualshock 4 controllers on MacOS continuous/repeated presses

winnernoend

Newcomer
I recently installed the 1.5 update and have been trying to get the split screen multiplayer working. With one controller, Stardew Valley works perfectly fine as expected. However, connecting a second controller to the machine causes any button press (including D-pad, right side buttons, and analog sticks) to get repeated until another button is pressed.

I've isolated this problem to Stardew Valley because I have not had this issue in other games with multiplayer support, including Steam Big Picture Mode, which do not have these issues. I also tested each of the controllers individually, and everything works perfectly fine. I also tested wired vs. wireless, and that didn't seem to change much. Split screen also works fine with one person on a controller and one person on mouse and keyboard. It appears to be the split screen multiplayer that has this bug.

If anyone has any insights on how I could solve this problem, or if anyone else also has this problem, I would appreciate it. Thank you!

Last edited: