Switch [BUG] 1.5 Mines Stuck in Hard Mode

Telravyn

Cowpoke
On a farm only played in online multiplayer. We finished the Qi's 'Danger in the Deep' quest and unlocked the ability to toggle hard mode in the mines.

At first I didn't know anything was wrong, but I did think it was odd that after the quest was over the mines were still in hard mode. Then we got a quest to kill bats in the mines and found that no matter how many times we toggle it the mines won't go back to normal. The statue on floor 120 will give the text saying do you want to release the seal, (suggesting that the seal is on & they should be normal) but going in, the mines are in hard mode. When we toggle it the text tells us different things depending on whether we've turned it 'on' or 'off', but the mines themselves never change back to normal mode

The last thing we tried was to have each player turn it "on" and "off" in consecutive days (e.g. I did "on", next day checked the mine, then "off" & checked again the day after) but it didn't work. I did a little googling & found that other people have had this problem, but they were on pc & could edit their savefile, which isn't possible on Switch. We also didn't have anything to do with the hard mode skull cavern quest either. (None of us wants to do that😄)

This is super frustrating since without it going back to normal mode, there are other quests we're locked out of being able to do. (Like the ectoplasm one) Also whatever monster eradication we haven't finished yet

cuatrodosocho

Newcomer
I am having the same issue with the mines being stuck in hard mode on switch. I tried redoing the danger in the deep quest and failing it to see if that would reset the mines, but no luck.

Kappayello

Greenhorn
This is also happening to me and a few others. The mines are completely stuck with the dangerous monsters and no matter how many times I try to turn them "on" and off they remain unchanged. I haven't been able to visit the regular mines in ages and it's getting very frustrating that I'm permanently locked out. I've tried changing it while playing solo and online with no luck.

Mooshattack

Newcomer
Ugh! My boyfriend and I have a multiplayer game and have been going hard for a few weeks now to get perfection. We are so close to having monster slayer and this is stopping us. We are also on switch. 😭😭😭

imnvs

Local Legend
Ugh! My boyfriend and I have a multiplayer game and have been going hard for a few weeks now to get perfection. We are so close to having monster slayer and this is stopping us. We are also on switch. 😭😭😭
This bug should have been fixed at 1.5.6. Have you made sure to update the game?

Also, this should not stop you from getting monster slayer.

This bug should have been fixed at 1.5.6. Have you made sure to update the game?

Also, this should not stop you from getting monster slayer.
The OP mentioned they were on Switch. The Switch has not gotten v1.5.6 and is still v1.5.4 as of right now.