Solved [BUG] 1.5.5 Farmhouses all use the standard wall/floor instead of their own

Archibald_TK

Greenhorn
Hello all! As I continue working with farm maps I discovered some issues affecting vanillas farms (which I suspect may affect new 1.5.5 map properties but that is just a guess so far)

Issue was witnessed on PC on the last available SV update on GOG as of Dec 11 2021. Issue is consistent whether the install is unmodded or SMAPI is installed. I also confirmed that other people are encountering it.

All vanilla farmhouses, when creating a new game, start with both furniture and floor/wallpapers combinations specific to their farm type (as seen here: https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Farmhouse ). Or at least this is the case for SV1.5.4.
Currently, on any farm type I've tested so far, while farmhouses still have the correct furniture, their floor and wallpaper now default to those of the standard farm. They no longer use their specific ones.
Players appear to be able to change the floor/wallpaper normally afterward so the issue happens when the farm is first created.

While it's a minor issue, thanks in advance to anyone wanting to look into it!

PS -
As all of these issues revolve around farmhouses (and if my suspicions are correct I'll have to do a third report soon), I'm using that opportunity to bring awareness on the previous one regarding TV not working (mentioned here), as it's a big problem for custom far types that are supposed to be one of the strong points brought by SV 1.5.5.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jocea Rose

Greenhorn
I can confirm this on a new 1.5.5 beach farm I started, The walls are that of the standard farmhouse. I play on Steam.

liquidcat

Staff member
This should be fixed according to 1.5.6 changelog so I'll mark this thread as solved!
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the various farm types’ wallpapers and floorings from applying when starting a new game.