Standard Farm Bob and her Basic Farm

imnvs

Local Legend
Bob the farmer and her Basic Farm as we reach the end of Summer Year 4...
bobs basic farm.jpg
bobs island farm.jpg
At home, some things will be shifted/condensed this winter, freeing up a bit more space for grass. On the island I intend to add a few more banana trees in the space north of the ones I have already. (Not pictured: my greenhouse with at least 1 of every fruit tree, 2 if the fruit is used in cooking, 8 bananas.)

Unpainted shed: soon to be painted, holds statues.
Shed with cyan trim: jade crystalariums
Grey shed: crafting/machine shed
Sheds with dark purple trim: wine kegs
Sheds with light purple trim: jams/jellies/juice & coffee/tea

Immediate plans: two more fishponds being built to fill in over the next few days.

Last edited:
It looks awesome! I have a recently turned year 4 farm as well, but it isn't nearly as attractive as yours lol. It's about as functional though. I have two fish ponds. One with 10 Lava Eels and one with 10 Sturgeons. I have 9 big sheds full entirely with kegs (1,100-ish kegs), 8 crystalariums full of jade, 1,000-ish Ancient Fruit currently producing, 4 pigs, 4 bunnies, 3 ducks, 4 goats, and however many other spaces there are in a deluxe barn and coop full of cows and chickens. The only obelisk I'm missing is the Ginger Island one (because of those darn dragon teeth). and I have total earnings of 15 mil, soon to be 50 million-ish. If you're wondering about all of the ishes it's because I don't want to count it all XD. (I would take a screenshot of my farm, but I can't figure out how to take a large screenshot on Switch and I'm too lazy to figure it out lol.)

Hill Myna

Farmer
The only obelisk I'm missing is the Ginger Island one (because of those darn dragon teeth). (I would take a screenshot of my farm, but I can't figure out how to take a large screenshot on Switch and I'm too lazy to figure it out lol.)
If you need help with Dragon Teeth, there was a bit of a discussion here.
...you have to stand in the "area" you want a screenshot of (whether that's your farm, your farmhouse, the bus stop, or any other place you can think of), go to your inventory, then settings, and scroll all the way to the bottom. There should be a screenshot button. It will take a second or to to take it, and it should appear in your Album.

I highly recommend doing this at the start of the day, because it crashes on me all the time when I take screenshots. I don't know what end is at fault but it drives me nuts.

Next you need to go to your Album and select the image you want. If you hit A (Posting and Editing) and then Send to Smart Device, you'll get to choose whether you want to send one image or up to four. After you choose, it'll bring up a couple QR codes and some instructions. Follow them, and send the image to a computer if you find that it's easier to add it to your post that way (I do).

The image will be pretty poor quality, I don't know if there is a way to increase it.
Hope this helps, looking forward to seeing your farm!

imnvs

Local Legend
My Ginger Island Plantation is also coming along, but it's nothing interesting (It's just Ancient Fruit)
To be fair, most of my Ginger Island farm is Ancient Fruit too, though I have a good amount of Fairy Rose Honey too. Fitting in the Starfruit and Taro doesn't take too much effort.
i really love the color palettes bob's got going on!!
Each of my farms, I try to pick a style for how I color my buildings. In this one, since Bob is a black-clad, skull-mask-wearing goth kid, I colored everything as dark as I could... except trimming my sheds different colors based on what they're doing. Grey for my craft/storage shed. Dark purple for wine, lighter purple for jams/jellies, yellow for statues and cyan for crystalariums.

Updated screenshots:
Bob_Farm_new.jpg
Bob_Island_new.jpg

To be fair, most of my Ginger Island farm is Ancient Fruit too, though I have a good amount of Fairy Rose Honey too. Fitting in the Starfruit and Taro doesn't take too much effort.

Each of my farms, I try to pick a style for how I color my buildings. In this one, since Bob is a black-clad, skull-mask-wearing goth kid, I colored everything as dark as I could... except trimming my sheds different colors based on what they're doing. Grey for my craft/storage shed. Dark purple for wine, lighter purple for jams/jellies, yellow for statues and cyan for crystalariums.

Updated screenshots:
Looking great! I finally have my farm in some sort of order. It looks a little less like crap now. I still can't get away from efficiency over aesthetic though. It's a problem I have. I'll upload a valley showcase at some point... I'm way too busy right now. Also, where does your farm (mini?) obelisk go to? I tried looking for the other one but I can't find it. Just curious 🧐

imnvs

Local Legend
Wow, That blends in excellently with the fall grass, ground, and wood floor. That looks like a convenient spot for it to be, especially since they are all the way down there.
It absolutely IS convenient. It's really close to the fish ponds AND it is really close to the southern exit of the farm to the Cindersap.

imnvs

Local Legend
Halcyon

Honey

Homestead
I like this arrangement too. You just set each H up without 1 of the bee houses immediately above or below the flowers and replace it with a quality sprinkler. As soon as the flowers are done growing, remove the sprinkler and replace it with a bee house. (Since I will never pick the flowers, I usually use DSG to grow the flowers quickly too.)

Lew Zealand

Helper
I like this arrangement too. You just set each H up without 1 of the bee houses immediately above or below the flowers and replace it with a quality sprinkler. As soon as the flowers are done growing, remove the sprinkler and replace it with a bee house. (Since I will never pick the flowers, I usually use DSG to grow the flowers quickly too.)
Thanks for the setup strategy! I'm finally getting into Honey production even though it's taken about 10 Farms to get to that point. I'll use that strategy as it looks quite space efficient in addition to aesthetically pleasing.

imnvs

Local Legend
So, I'm a fan of pepper poppers. Shane, my good friend, taught me the joy of them. I literally go to bed with a gold quality pepper poppers as the active item so that as soon as the cock crows in the morning, my eyes open, and then my mouth opens, and then pepper poppers go in my mouth. Starting in Spring of year 5 that has been how I wake up every day.

...except during winter when I replace the pepper poppers with spicy eel. I don't cook as much spicy eel because I get a decent amount from my 2 lava eel ponds, but I have some gold quality spicy eel prepped in case my lava eel's supply runs out.

Current gold quality pepper popper count on Saturday the 27th of Summer year 6 just before I go to bed? 427. I think this stock'll last me a while.

Also, update: I'm up to 76 statues of endless convenience.

Now, on to updated screenshots! (These were taken the following morning after waking up.)
Here I'm now up to 3 crystalarium sheds, the blue producing diamonds and green producing jade. Yellow shed is statues. Grey shed is crafting stuff. Dark purple are all kegs. One of the light purple is 1/2 & 1/2 kegs & jars, while the other light purple sheds are jars. I also added a slimejack pond for extra slime because I'm constantly running out. I'm currently pressing slime eggs from all my slime and selling all except the purples, because I want a hutch with all purple slimes in it... unless the witch comes along and makes them all black. That's the best case scenario, but according to the predictor my seed won't get a witch for over another month and a half and then has only a 1/3 chance of getting the slime hutch (unless I sell all my coop animals and tear those down before then and that's unlikely).
Bob-MainFarm.jpg
Here I've finally racked up enough DRS to never have to water again, so I've removed the sprinklers.
Bob-GingerIsland-crop.jpg

Last edited:

FairyRing

Farmer
So, I'm a fan of pepper poppers. Shane, my good friend, taught me the joy of them. I literally go to bed with a gold quality pepper poppers as the active item so that as soon as the cock crows in the morning, my eyes open, and then my mouth opens, and then pepper poppers go in my mouth. Starting in Spring of year 5 that has been how I wake up every day.

...except during winter when I replace the pepper poppers with spicy eel. I don't cook as much spicy eel because I get a decent amount from my 2 lava eel ponds, but I have some gold quality spicy eel prepped in case my lava eel's supply runs out.

Current gold quality pepper popper count on Saturday the 27th of Summer year 6 just before I go to bed? 427. I think this stock'll last me a while.

Also, update: I'm up to 76 statues of endless convenience.

Now, on to updated screenshots! (These were taken the following morning after waking up.)
Here I'm now up to 3 crystalarium sheds, the blue producing diamonds and green producing jade. Yellow shed is statues. Grey shed is crafting stuff. Dark purple are all kegs. One of the light purple is 1/2 & 1/2 kegs & jars, while the other light purple sheds are jars. I also added a slimejack pond for extra slime because I'm constantly running out. I'm currently pressing slime eggs from all my slime and selling all except the purples, because I want a hutch with all purple slimes in it... unless the witch comes along and makes them all black. That's the best case scenario, but according to the predictor my seed won't get a witch for over another month and a half and then has only a 1/3 chance of getting the slime hutch (unless I sell all my coop animals and tear those down before then and that's unlikely).
View attachment 8873
Here I've finally racked up enough DRS to never have to water again, so I've removed the sprinklers.
View attachment 8872
I love the color scheme of your farm. Are the grave stones in the anima'sl pen just for gothic aesthetic? or do they do something magical? You never know with this game.

They do what quite a few things do, actually, and simply put it is that they preserve the grass they are placed on top of. Same goes for the lamp posts. The grass under them can't be eaten by the animals. This means that every grass tile under a statue or lamp post (or a fair number of other things) all are safe and thus have a chance to spread every night and filling in just a little bit... slowing the rate at which the ravenous bastards eat through my grass/hay because I hate buying hay. They are also for aesthetic.
Awesome! excellent info for a lazy farmer such as myself.

Last edited:

imnvs

Local Legend
Are the grave stones in the anima'sl pen just for gothic aesthetic? or do they do something magical? You never know with this game.
They do what quite a few things do, actually, and simply put it is that they preserve the grass they are placed on top of. Same goes for the lamp posts. The grass under them can't be eaten by the animals. This means that every grass tile under a statue or lamp post (or a fair number of other things) all are safe and thus have a chance to spread every night and filling in just a little bit... slowing the rate at which the ravenous bastards eat through my grass/hay because I hate buying hay. They are also for aesthetic. Bob's the little enby goth kid I was for a while.

Edit to add: as for things placed on grass, you have to place them on grass. Grass can not spread under statues/lamp posts/fences.

Last edited:

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
They do what quite a few things do, actually, and simply put it is that they preserve the grass they are placed on top of. Same goes for the lamp posts. The grass under them can't be eaten by the animals. This means that every grass tile under a statue or lamp post (or a fair number of other things) all are safe and thus have a chance to spread every night and filling in just a little bit... slowing the rate at which the ravenous bastards eat through my grass/hay because I hate buying hay.
Yeah, I don't really farm on the main farm anymore so the entirety of empty space is just grass for them to eat.
This helps as I have way to few silos for all my animals and future ones too.

imnvs

Local Legend
Yeah, I don't really farm on the main farm anymore so the entirety of empty space is just grass for them to eat.
This helps as I have way to few silos for all my animals and future ones too.
I only have 5 silos, so I don't have space for the hay to get through the winter for 4 full animal buildings already. I have a chest in one of the coops with several stacks of hay that I get from gifts and growing wheat. I also, spring through fall, occasionally mow a bit, as you can see if you look at my main farm's most recent screenie there. Where it has filled in I can just punch holes in, get hay, and later it mostly all fills in so I can do it again occasionally.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I only have 5 silos, so I don't have space for the hay to get through the winter for 4 full animal buildings already. I have a chest in one of the coops with several stacks of hay that I get from gifts and growing wheat. I also, spring through fall, occasionally mow a bit, as you can see if you look at my main farm's most recent screenie there. Where it has filled in I can just punch holes in, get hay, and later it mostly all fills in so I can do it again occasionally.
Yeah I will be having around 46 animal buildings by year 7-8 so I need about 7 silos that I will refill every 3 days.