Issue Black screen on new day causes co-op friend to be kicked off game

Aiyu

Newcomer
When a new day comes, the host will have a black screen for a long time after saving. Meanwhile, my friend will enter the next day and will not be able to operate (like she can walk but cannot interact ). Shortly after time, my friend's side would show disconnected. After she disconnected, my host entered the next day.
This is a recurring problem unless the host does nothing for a day. Long archive blackout times happen every day. And sometimes, it will report errors on some holidays and kick out online friends in the middle of the day. The host has the same mods installed as the affiliate, and we are on the same wifi, so there is no network lag problem. And we don't have this problem in the non-modded state.

Here is my SMAPI-latest log: https://smapi.io/log/d07b2d72ccc6436eb95834f5012ff583
Someone PLEASE help :( , tysm!

Thanks for the log. Seems to be an NPC error. But, it's a bit vague.

Code:
23:06:21    ERROR    game    An error occurred in the base update loop: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at StardewValley.NPC.updateMovement(GameLocation location, GameTime time)
   at StardewValley.Character.update(GameTime time, GameLocation location, Int64 id, Boolean move)
   at StardewValley.NPC.update(GameTime time, GameLocation location)
   at StardewValley.GameLocation.updateCharacters(GameTime time)
   at StardewValley.GameLocation.updateEvenIfFarmerIsntHere(GameTime time, Boolean ignoreWasUpdatedFlush)
   at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateLocations(GameTime time)
   at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime)
   at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
   at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.OnPlayerInstanceUpdating(SGame instance, GameTime gameTime, Action runUpdate) in
I do see y'all using an older, translated version of SDV Expanded. May want to see if there's an updated version that y'all can download.

Aiyu

Newcomer
Thanks for the log. Seems to be an NPC error. But, it's a bit vague.

Code:
23:06:21    ERROR    game    An error occurred in the base update loop: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at StardewValley.NPC.updateMovement(GameLocation location, GameTime time)
   at StardewValley.Character.update(GameTime time, GameLocation location, Int64 id, Boolean move)
   at StardewValley.NPC.update(GameTime time, GameLocation location)
   at StardewValley.GameLocation.updateCharacters(GameTime time)
   at StardewValley.GameLocation.updateEvenIfFarmerIsntHere(GameTime time, Boolean ignoreWasUpdatedFlush)
   at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateLocations(GameTime time)
   at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime)
   at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
   at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.OnPlayerInstanceUpdating(SGame instance, GameTime gameTime, Action runUpdate) in
I do see y'all using an older, translated version of SDV Expanded. May want to see if there's an updated version that y'all can download.
Thank you for your reply! After we tried it does seem to be related to the SVE version, character events often cause flashbacks.. But we still have sub-problems after changing the mod version (completely uninstalling SVE causes a lot of crying errors again due to the item id). We try not to interact with SVE npc, and sometimes we can have normal saving time, but it's not fully guaranteed. Still looking for a pattern at the moment ///

Thank you for your reply! After we tried it does seem to be related to the SVE version, character events often cause flashbacks.. But we still have sub-problems after changing the mod version (completely uninstalling SVE causes a lot of crying errors again due to the item id). We try not to interact with SVE npc, and sometimes we can have normal saving time, but it's not fully guaranteed. Still looking for a pattern at the moment ///
I see; it does look like Ridgeside Village also updated a bit after our initial posts.

You can try updating that as well: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/7286?tab=files

Other then that though; I'm not too sure. The error is a bit vague on the mod in question.