Auto grabber worth it?

SP2186

Greenhorn
Would you say the auto grabber is worth it? I would need to get two (I have a chicken coop and a regular barn with cows). Is the money investment is not worth it because milking the cows and getting the eggs for the chickens are pretty easy. Plus I need to go into the building every day anyway to give them hay.

Ereo

Helper
It's worth it later when you have a bigger barn and coop.

They include autofeeders, or if you let your animals out you don't need hay if they find grass.

imnvs

Local Legend
Yes. Absolutely. Autograbbers are SO worth it.

Eventually you'll have more animals and chasing them all down every day can become a chore. Anything that can automate even a small portion of your work is worth it. The Autograbber qualifies for this. So does upgrading your barn or coop fully, to get the Autofeeder that Ereo mentioned. Once your pets love you, you can easily skip days of taking care of them in order to get other things done... but without autograbbers milking your cows and goats and sheering your sheep, you could miss production.

Buy one for every barn or coop you own. Srsly. (Don't ignore purchasing other things just to get one, but make sure to eventually get one for every one.)

SP2186

Greenhorn
Yes. Absolutely. Autograbbers are SO worth it.

Eventually you'll have more animals and chasing them all down every day can become a chore. Anything that can automate even a small portion of your work is worth it. The Autograbber qualifies for this. So does upgrading your barn or coop fully, to get the Autofeeder that Ereo mentioned. Once your pets love you, you can easily skip days of taking care of them in order to get other things done... but without autograbbers milking your cows and goats and sheering your sheep, you could miss production.

Buy one for every barn or coop you own. Srsly. (Don't ignore purchasing other things just to get one, but make sure to eventually get one for every one.)
I think I'll wait until I have the bigger barns to get them.

My favorite thing about the auto grabber, is that it stores the products until you are ready to use them. It really streamlines making mayo, cheese, and cloth.

Odin

Staff member
If you're still early in the game it's not going to make as much of an impact as when you have more animals later on. I'd recommend working on upgrading your barn and coop themselves before getting an Auto-Grabber. Once you do get one, it's especially useful for barns, so I'd say get one for your barn first.

LRangerR

Local Legend
I just want to know the irl mechanics of how an auto-grabber milks a cow. It weirds me out man.