Anyone into Animal Crossing: New Horizons?

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
i recently got back into the game and was curious if anyone else has been playing it! i don't even know exactly why i started playing again, just an itch... but i've been working on my island layout some more and got 2 new people to move in recently, things are lookin pretty dang good...

anyhoo, happy to trade anytime or if anyone's looking for specific stuff i'll keep an eye out. happy to be pals!

edit: oh yeah let's make this thread more colorful, here's some recent screenshots

acnh 1.jpg

here is me sitting in flowers that i need to plant in the actual grass
😌

acnh 2.jpg

here are me and my besties on my birthday

acnh 3.jpg

just wanted to share coco's greeting, completely normal and polite

acnh 4.jpg

me and my bf wishing on a starry night ft. bluebear's butt

Last edited:

Odin

Staff member
I like that setup with the starts in the last screenshot! While I did play the game a lot right when it launched, I haven't really played much since then aside from a little bit after the big update last year. As much as I like a lot of the game's mechanics, many of them just end up getting on my nerves.

FairyRing

Farmer
I run out of things to do and having to be on it in real time gets to me. After I got my side of the island set up all I really ever did was lay in a beach chair and listen to the ocean. My island name is Sm-isle :laugh: Also a lot of the draw was playing with others players, doing stuff with them on island. I don't have that.

Lew Zealand

Helper
We have AC:NH and one kid has played almost all the way through it for over a year. I have a Switch I can use almost exclusively. I want the time to devote to it.

I just don't have that.

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
I feel ya on the time, there are so many things I want to do and play but I feel like I can't make time for everything without sacrificing something :frown:

I like to at least play ACNH a little bit every day but it's important to not get burnt out, though it certainly helps that there's a few people I can share my progress with. I've done some significant changes on my island since the last time I played a lot, and it's been exciting! I'm also working on getting 2 specific villagers and then my island will be perfect :D

I like that setup with the starts in the last screenshot!
That's on my bf's island! I think it's really nice too but I'm a bit too afraid to do too much terraforming LOL

As much as I like a lot of the game's mechanics, many of them just end up getting on my nerves.
This is completely fair. I think the game has so many great ideas and the big update brought a lot of them too, but at the same time it seems like they're blind to QOL and it can make things drag on a LOT

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
Is this done by island hopping and meeting new villagers?
For me, yes! Or via the campsite if you get really lucky, though the best way to get specific villagers is to be in contact with people who have them and trade them (usually for bells or nook miles tickets). I don't trade with people I don't know super often so I usually just island hop

FairyRing

Farmer
For me, yes! Or via the campsite if you get really lucky, though the best way to get specific villagers is to be in contact with people who have them and trade them (usually for bells or nook miles tickets). I don't trade with people I don't know super often so I usually just island hop
I just picked up my Island again inspired by you, I had forgotten how fun it is to play dress up!!

SiameezyRPGer

Sodbuster
I've been neglecting my ACNH island lately. I was really into it that first year that it came out, got on every day I believe. Which surprised me, cause New Leaf kinda bored me. I mean I spent around 150 hours on the game total, but had a hard time playing anymore than a half hour per sitting.

ACNH, due to all the additional customization options and outside decorating, I found much easier to enjoy for hours at a time and finally hit 600 hours played a while back. Now I'm not as glued to it anymore though. I finally started only checking in weekly last year and then even less often. But I still enjoy playing it now and then. I may put out holiday decorations as they come around, update my main/living room in my house, etc. I did get re-glued when the last big update came out, obviously I bought the DLC. But now yeah, I just check back in on my island every once in a while, see what's up, try to find cool new update added items in the stores and whatnot.

Last edited: