Any Cool Stardew Lore/Conspiracies ?

Hmm.... let's see...

It's widely suspected that Abigail is the daughter of the wizard, not Pierre. This explains both the Wizard's issues with the witch, his former romantic engagement who got pissed at him for an undisclosed reason, and Abigail's hair which seems to no longer need dye to maintain the color. There's also this distance between Caroline and Pierre, because Pierre seems to be doing the typical solo entrepreneur thing of putting 110% of himself into his work and neglecting his family, which would make her more vulnerable to seduction. And of course, Abigail being the physical manifestation of her infidelity would cause a further rift between them, which is pretty clearly there. There's no explicit in-game call-out, but there's a lot of circumstantial evidence behind it.

There's the whole thing with Clint pining over Emily, which people sometimes take too far and extrapolate other things out of it that is technically not canon. Part of it is based on how he still pines for Emily, even if she marries the farmer. So now he's mooning over someone else's wife, which is rather uncool. There is, in fact, no acknowledgement from Clint that her relationship status has in fact changed, other than the clothing scene which seemed more passive-aggressive than anything else. That's... indicative of an extremely unhealthy mindset that approaches sociopathy. I believe the term yandere might also apply.

There's also the widely rumored conspiracy about Maru and Penny being more than just good friends. If you'll note, they're regularly seen together during social functions, Penny sits with Maru's family at every function. Now, it could simply be that Robin has a tendency to adopt wayward things, and Penny's broken family leaves her very wayward, but you also regularly see Penny and Maru sitting on the bench together. There's no indication that they're holding hands, but there's no indication that they aren't either. However, Penny is likely not comfortable about her emotions towards another female due to her redneck upbringing, and Maru is generally seen as effectively Ace and so isn't really prepared to take any further steps, which is why nothing blooms from this romance. However, it does explain why someone with the upbringing Penny has is open to the possibility of marrying a female Farmer without the sort of existential questioning that, say, Alex or Sam go through when presented with an opportunity they weren't expecting.

LRangerR

Local Legend
Given that we haven't seen even the smallest hint of Penny x Maru hinted at in the game, i'm just gonna chalk that one up to wishful thinking and Stardew Shipwrights having too much time on their hands :P

DJModulo

Sodbuster
Theory of mine:

Penny used to be friends (potentially good friends) with Sebastian when they were young.

Both of them seem to have grown up without a father; moreover: their mothers turned their attention to something that would become a permanent fixture of their lives, but the children would quickly learn to resent (Alcohol and Demetrius, respectively). They understood very well where both were coming from, they share a freind with similar, albeit possibly less drastic issues (Sam), and they found solace in a fantasy universe named The Solarion Chronicles (Penny still has that book on her shelf, and Sebastian still plays the board game with Sam and Abigail at times).

However, the friendship broke when it came to Maru. While Maru wanted to form a fraternal bond with Sebastian (to this day she wishes they were closer), he could only see her as the Demetrius' (and by extension Robin's) protégé, thus resenting her as well. Penny, whose mother rejected her as well, found Sebastian's actions straight up cruel, they fell out, Penny comforted Maru and bonded with the curious lass over having read a lot - and the rest is history, as they say.

Farrow

Sodbuster
Since we're throwing in personal theories I think that the wizard and George conspired to make the town forever loop one year.
Evidence,
1. Granny was a close friend of our grandfathers, and likely grieved heavily even if not shown in game
2. We know granny and George love each other very much as shown in much of their dialog
3. George has access to mysterious materials from his time as a coal miner. The artic shard is Evidence of that
4. It's known that the wizard is in the town at the tower.
5. Your characters and those npcs never age
The real issue is that the governor and tourists also never age, and likely it was a design choice for sake of ease but fun to think about

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Given that we haven't seen even the smallest hint of Penny x Maru hinted at in the game, i'm just gonna chalk that one up to wishful thinking and Stardew Shipwrights having too much time on their hands :P
Yeah, tbh though most of these conspiracies are loosely drawn “facts” tied together only by the creator’s belief.

MissDandy

Farmer
I don't know if you've seen the SDV iceberg, that thing is JAM PACKED with all this kind of stuff. There is a video debunking it I thoroughly enjoyed, I'll put the link here if you're interested. Its long, but I'd say worth the watch if you're bored.

coille

Cowpoke
Since we're throwing in personal theories I think that the wizard and George conspired to make the town forever loop one year.
Evidence,
1. Granny was a close friend of our grandfathers, and likely grieved heavily even if not shown in game
2. We know granny and George love each other very much as shown in much of their dialog
3. George has access to mysterious materials from his time as a coal miner. The artic shard is Evidence of that
The real issue is that the governor and tourists also never age, and likely it was a design choice for sake of ease but fun to think about
Never heard of this one but I really, really like it. Maybe that's how the community centre became so completely over-run by nature even though the amount of time its been abandoned can't have been that long.

Lenora Rose

Farmer
Most of the wildest and most outlandish ones are the ones that try to explain why nobody ages.

- you're all dead and this is a version of Yobian heaven
- you're all elves so you do age but slowly enough you won't see it, and nobody thinks it's strange because there isn't a human society to compare it to.
- the weird time loop theory, above.
- I think there was one (not about aging) suggesting Jojamart was stealing magic from the area and somehow your farming and supporting the villagers is supposed to counter this; unless you buy a Joja membership in which case you benefit by getting your allotment of magic from them but it harms other magical sources like the Junimos (which is why warping places gets more and more common as you prosper, no matter which route you take.)

Farrow

Sodbuster
Didn't know the time loop theory was a thing outside my own mind. That really interesting. I forgot to mention this would also explain why your kids never grow past toddlers

Lenora Rose

Farmer
Didn't know the time loop theory was a thing outside my own mind. That really interesting. I forgot to mention this would also explain why your kids never grow past toddlers
I don't know that it is I just wanted to include it, since it was just a couple of comments above.

The babies into toddlers is why I like the elves theory. It makes developmental sense for them to go through the baby stages as fast as human babies because there'd be no benefit to delaying walking or talking. But then they start into other kinds of learning, and sloooooow down.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Evidence,
Why exactly George though? He has no correlation or even acknowledgment of the wizard. If you are sticking with the theory Linus seems a much more intuitive candidate as he has obviously explored a bunch and is good friends with the wizard.

Farrow

Sodbuster
Why exactly George though? He has no correlation or even acknowledgment of the wizard. If you are sticking with the theory Linus seems a much more intuitive candidate as he has obviously explored a bunch and is good friends with the wizard.
There's no evidence that Linus would want to ease anyone's pain from grief. And we all know grief can kill, beyond that George has magical artifacts. Who's to say that he didn't have a very rare one he was willing to trade for a time loop spell. And he wouldn't acknowledge the wizard or the time loop as to keep the spell going

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
There's no evidence that Linus would want to ease anyone's pain from grief. And we all know grief can kill, beyond that George has magical artifacts. Who's to say that he didn't have a very rare one he was willing to trade for a time loop spell. And he wouldn't acknowledge the wizard or the time loop as to keep the spell going
There is less evidence that George would have any of the meeting criteria than for Linus to miss a loved one and not have another suffer like him/other motivation in my eyes.

NoClueEither

Newcomer
Hmm.... let's see...

It's widely suspected that Abigail is the daughter of the wizard, not Pierre. This explains both the Wizard's issues with the witch, his former romantic engagement who got pissed at him for an undisclosed reason, and Abigail's hair which seems to no longer need dye to maintain the color. There's also this distance between Caroline and Pierre, because Pierre seems to be doing the typical solo entrepreneur thing of putting 110% of himself into his work and neglecting his family, which would make her more vulnerable to seduction. And of course, Abigail being the physical manifestation of her infidelity would cause a further rift between them, which is pretty clearly there. There's no explicit in-game call-out, but there's a lot of circumstantial evidence behind it.

There's the whole thing with Clint pining over Emily, which people sometimes take too far and extrapolate other things out of it that is technically not canon. Part of it is based on how he still pines for Emily, even if she marries the farmer. So now he's mooning over someone else's wife, which is rather uncool. There is, in fact, no acknowledgement from Clint that her relationship status has in fact changed, other than the clothing scene which seemed more passive-aggressive than anything else. That's... indicative of an extremely unhealthy mindset that approaches sociopathy. I believe the term yandere might also apply.

There's also the widely rumored conspiracy about Maru and Penny being more than just good friends. If you'll note, they're regularly seen together during social functions, Penny sits with Maru's family at every function. Now, it could simply be that Robin has a tendency to adopt wayward things, and Penny's broken family leaves her very wayward, but you also regularly see Penny and Maru sitting on the bench together. There's no indication that they're holding hands, but there's no indication that they aren't either. However, Penny is likely not comfortable about her emotions towards another female due to her redneck upbringing, and Maru is generally seen as effectively Ace and so isn't really prepared to take any further steps, which is why nothing blooms from this romance. However, it does explain why someone with the upbringing Penny has is open to the possibility of marrying a female Farmer without the sort of existential questioning that, say, Alex or Sam go through when presented with an opportunity they weren't expecting.
I am currently dating maru and they still sit together on the bench. I don't think there is something going on with them either they are romantically interested to each other. I think they're just good friends and nothing lesbian is going on. although i definitely do not see them together during events? maru is with harvey as always

NoClueEither

Newcomer
I always keep discovering new fan theories like Shane being Sebastian's father or the weird noises in the rain being an evil version of juminos. I'm curious to know if there are any others out there !
shane is definitely not the father of sebastian. i think shane is way too young for him to be the father of sebastian. morris and shane are definitely not the father, they wouldn't even screw with robin at the first place. infact, none of the pelican people are the father of sebastian. i think sebastian's father is from zuzu city, also explains why seb wanted to go there so bad.

abigail is DEFINITELY the daughter of the wizard. they have the same hair color, as abigail's hair color never faded after she dyed it purple. there are alot of evidence you can find in the game like pierre saying abigail looks nothing like him and he might be not the father and caroline going to the wizard's tower before she had abby and also the wizard himself admitting he screwed with one of the pelican people and he had a daughter with her. i can assure that she is really the daughter of the wizard. ive read some theories that say jas might be the daughter of the wizard instead of abby, well, kinda makes sense, but no. jas have blueish/black hair and her parents died in a tragic accident.

not a theory at all but linus is not the one stealing your stuffs and money when you faint in the cavern. it's the dwarf who steals from you. which explains why he always have the most random stuff to sell. he got it from the miners that goes there. linus is homeless and poor but he isn't helpless. he is a man of nature.

Sigrah

Farmer
not a theory at all but linus is not the one stealing your stuffs and money when you faint in the cavern. it's the dwarf who steals from you. which explains why he always have the most random stuff to sell. he got it from the miners that goes there. linus is homeless and poor but he isn't helpless. he is a man of nature.
I'd buy that theory, the Dwarf even admits to taking stuff from people's yards at night and asks the farmer to explain the concept of "private property" to him. However, I also wouldn't be surprised if Lewis is the one helping himself to your money at night. After all, he's always out at night checking your shipping bin for stuff to sell, and he has that life-sized, solid gold statue of himself to pay for.

Besides, where else is he going to get the money? Clint? He's been paying "taxes" every Saturday for years now, but I never see anyone shopping at his store besides me when I need a tool upgrade or some coal, so I'm guessing Clint's "tapped out". Marnie? She's got the lowest tax rate in town, and I think we all know why. Robin? Maybe, but she's too smart to fall for weekly "taxes" like Clint is, so it'd have to be something more sophisticated. Besides, she's already taking care of the town's infrastructure maintenance, and losing that would cost Lewis more than the "taxes" he'd potentially get from her. Pierre? Those two are already in cahoots to sell your crops and other products for twice what they pay you for them, I don't think Lewis can afford to ask for more in the form of "taxes" without derailing that gravy train. Dr. Harvey? I hate to say it because blackmail is such an ugly word, but he does have Lewis and Marnie's private health records, so...you know. Gus? Only if Lewis is immune to the pois...I mean "spices"...that Gus would put in his food. The Adventurers Guild? Yeah, pretty sure Marlon has made it clear that paying "taxes" might result in them not having enough time to slay all those monsters just waiting to "move" into town. The Wizard? Last time Lewis tried that, he barely escaped the mines alive and had his clothes completely drenched in slime, so he'd have to be stupider than Clint to try that again.

Last edited: