An error occurred in the base update loop: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

saphirakryoka

Newcomer
Hello everyone, this is the first time for me in a thread or posting something here, I recently had a huge problem with Stardew Valley Expanded mod, I was playing as usual and then I had an event that starts and my game just stop to work, I looked at the black codes window and there was something in red written on it and it says:

[game] An error occurred in the base update loop: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at StardewValley.CueWrapper.Stop(AudioStopOptions options) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\CueWrapper.cs:line 66
at StardewValley.Game1.updateMusic() in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 7901
at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4413
at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3974
at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.OnPlayerInstanceUpdating(SGame instance, GameTime gameTime, Action runUpdate) in SMAPI\Framework\SCore.cs:line 1117

and the same message over and over, idk what does it mean, everything was working and I did not installed something else, I have all from SMAPI and known nexus mods so....if there's someone who can help me, I'll be very grateful.

Hi i'm having the same issue.
Here's my full log https://smapi.io/log/d7ef8d83eeb04509bdc8025edf1c5727
Hi, looks like your issue is different, and more NPC related:
Code:
15:05:01    TRACE    SpaceCore    Event: BombExploded
15:05:02    ERROR    game    An error occurred in the base update loop: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at StardewValley.NPC.updateMovement(GameLocation location, GameTime time) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\NPC.cs:line 2678
   at StardewValley.Character.update(GameTime time, GameLocation location, Int64 id, Boolean move) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Character.cs:line 1223
   at StardewValley.Character.update(GameTime time, GameLocation location) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Character.cs:line 1162
   at StardewValley.NPC.update(GameTime time, GameLocation location) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\NPC.cs:line 2999
   at StardewValley.GameLocation.updateCharacters(GameTime time) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 3511
   at StardewValley.GameLocation.updateEvenIfFarmerIsntHere(GameTime time, Boolean ignoreWasUpdatedFlush) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Locations\GameLocation.cs:line 3542
   at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateLocations(GameTime time) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 6492
   at StardewValley.Game1._update(GameTime gameTime) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 4867
   at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 3974
   at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SCore.OnPlayerInstanceUpdating(SGame instance, GameTime gameTime, Action runUpdate) in SMAPI\Framework\SCore.cs:line 1117
A bit vague; though possibly SDV Expanded related, as it adds NPCs.

willowbug

Greenhorn
i have the same exact issue pop up i cant get past the day im on, i have a lot of mods and idk how to fix it, how do i upload my log?

i figured out it the spouse i was trying to marry in the mod always raining in the valley, i cant marry sterling but now im having the issue that since i married sam his dialouge doesnt work in the morning and on the farm sometimes https://smapi.io/log/db36a4a8230249f2941c88ba86c67c9e
Thanks for the log. And, nice work figuring out the spouse npc issue.

As for the missing dialogue; not sure.
I do see you have a lot of mods that can be updated; per the "Suggested Fixes" on that page.

But, I don't see any specific dialogue changes for Sam; just some portrait & map changes. I do see a marriage dialogue overhaul for Shane,
Though you also have a few general SMAPI ones; like Unique Response Core or FreeLove that could also be touching Sam's dialogue but not showing directly in the log.

May want to start with the Suggested Fixes; then move onto trying to temporarily remove any relationship mods a few at a time.

p4st3rn4k

Newcomer
Hello everyone, I have same issue with save. No mods installed, clear game crashes after a couple seconds after loading save. And if it is important, save file was moved from IOS and on phone it chrashes too. Here is the log https://smapi.io/log/a3d3872c9823472c9f1429df35cc48e3
This is the only thread where same issue described
Hope you can find out how to fix the save