Creator Response Amazingly Improbable Game Win - Had To Share

Ultravires

Greenhorn
My son and I just finished our first game, and we won in a way that was so absurdly and hoot-holleringly improbable, I just had to share.

We completed all bundles and had one Grandpa's Goal left, which was to Restore the Museum. We had two items donated already, which meant we needed two more. It was the last turn of the last player (me), and I'm in the mines, having failed to get a geode on the first action (and my last turn). Basically, we've given up on getting the last goal because, really, how can you donate two items to the museum, when you have none, and you only have one action left?

Oh, but wait...

1. There's a forageable tile on the way to the museum. Let's just go there and maybe we will get lucky. Wow, that was lucky--we got the worms! We pulled a mineral and it fits! Let's donate it to the museum. One down.
2. Actually, I happen to still have Gunther's Gift in my inventory, which means I get an item for donating to the museum. Huh, it's the Campfire card, which means we can repeat an icon on the season card.
3. It just so happens that the season card has a gift on it. Let's repeat that!
4. Hey, I have Linus as a friend, which means I can get random item from the discard pile!
5. Oh yeah, the Dinosaur is in there -- free artifact! Wouldn't that be amazing? But there are 9 cards in the discard pile. That's an 11% chance. Let's honestly shuffle these cards. We had a great time playing the game but this probably isn't going to work out, but that's OK, it's all about having fun playing. Shuffle, shuffle. Here we go... OMG IT'S THE DINOSAUR NO FREAKING WAY!!!
6. Pull the artifact tile!! Does it fit in the museum?!
7. YES IT DOES WE WIN THE GAME WOOT WOOT WOOT!

OK, that's it. In other news, I did not win last night's Mega Millions even though I had a ticket -- but this brought us a lot of joy!

Odin

Staff member
That's an impressive last minute win! I've had a few close games while playing, but unfortunately I was not as lucky as you were.