Add a Hunger bar!

AtomsJosh

Planter
I'm thinking, what if players have hunger bar that is different from health or energy? Cuz My fridge is full of food and I'm always ending days without eating (you know what i mean), so if there is a hunger bar players will constantly need to eat. I know I sound ridiculous but it's something you need to consider.

Ereo

Helper
I think that would be super annoying in the beginning. You can't cook, and parsnips don't give that much energy.

If the bar is low enough, that you can fill it in the beginning, it's not gonna matter at all later when you can cook it have access to cheese.

I would love to have more reasons to actually eat my food, but I don't think a Hunger bar is the answer.

AtomsJosh

Planter
I think that would be super annoying in the beginning. You can't cook, and parsnips don't give that much energy.

If the bar is low enough, that you can fill it in the beginning, it's not gonna matter at all later when you can cook it have access to cheese.

I would love to have more reasons to actually eat my food, but I don't think a Hunger bar is the answer.
I already acknowledge this, but Eric likes Minecraft and some features of the Stardew Valley is based on Minecraft, and at the start of playing Minecraft you have to search and eat food, if only Eric gives the player to cook basic food without kitchen that'll be awesome.

imnvs

Local Legend
The energy bar is your hunger indicator.
So much this.

The way things stand, you're asking for a level of realism that this game isn't prepared to handle. The mechanics of cooking aren't conducive to it being necessary to eat in early game: you can't cook without upgrading your house and have practically no cooking recipes yet. I'd quit if it was mandatory to eat, and I suspect Drullo and I wouldn't be alone.

I think you're looking for a mod, as LRangerR pointed out.

AtomsJosh

Planter
The energy bar is your hunger indicator.
Clearly this is the best comment i've seen in here. So I'm thinking if energy bar have like timer, so even you don't do something it still goes down. So you need to eat constantly. I just hate stacking a lot of food.
Edit: (I'm not good at English) so the energy bar still goes down even you do nothing, but it goes down little bit faster if you do something like farming
Edit2: add hardcore in game with hunger/energy bar depleting even you don't do anything. Ill play that!

Last edited:

Traviscott

Sodbuster
Clearly this is the best comment i've seen in here. So I'm thinking if energy bar have like timer, so even you don't do something it still goes down. So you need to eat constantly. I just hate stacking a lot of food.
Edit: (I'm not good at English) so the energy bar still goes down even you do nothing, but it goes down little bit faster if you do something like farming
Edit2: add hardcore in game with hunger/energy bar depleting even you don't do anything. Ill play that!
Maybe your energy bar can goes down when you walk, run, fighting? Just a little bit.

Last edited:

1FlyCat

Planter
This is a fantastic idea. I think it would certainly add a degree of challenge and an added dimension to the game.

Last edited: