Ability to bring your spouse with you places. ("Follow me" feature.)As well as mining,fishing and chopping wood with you, etc.

Norski

Farmhand
You should be able to ask your spouse to follow you, and if you go mining or start chopping trees, or pick up a forage item and there's more nearby, or start harvesting crops, your spouse should help you do it.

LettuceFarm

Planter
I feel like having spouses follow might mess up established walking schedules and events. However, it would be nice to have my children follow me and you know earn their keep for housing :proud: cuz otherwise they're just there to be hat mannequins

imnvs

Local Legend
I don't like your spouse being a pack mule or helper when they have other things to do, so I would want the spouse to have the option to say, "No." Some spouses have jobs to go to, so they should be able to say, "Uh, no, I have to go to work." Others have other interests, and they need to pursue those too. So even when they aren't obligated, I'd like them to have the option to say, "Nope. I'm going to go play tag with butterflies," or whatever, you know? They aren't an extension of you. They are their own people.

That said, it would be awesome to be able to ask and have them say, "Sure! I'd love to help out!" I'd think hauling them into the mines or anywhere else dangerous should be off limits. The spouse interjecting, "Oh, that's where you were planning to go? I don't think I'll be much help." And then they head home.

As a counter suggested addition: perhaps after you ask your spouse to follow you, instead of helping you out, your spouse could just be a "mobile chest" with their own backpack you have to upgrade at Pierre's just like your own?

Now... here's where it gets more complicated...

How do you get the stuff from them? Either way, you will need to get from them the things they gathered for you or the things you asked them to carry. You'd need somewhere for them to put it or a way to get it from them... and how long do they hold on to it? Do you have to get it from them before they go to bed? That could make things complicated and limit things a lot. Instead, perhaps, a chest-like item for your spouse's inventory, much like the old dressers from pre-1.5 cabins? Would you have to get the recipe for and craft this item before you could ask your spouse to help out?
otherwise they're just there to be hat mannequins
I prefer the terminology, "mobile hat-stands".

I think this is neat! I've recently started playing Littlewood where you can ask villagers to 'hang out' for the day and there they won't do anything special except find money randomly throughout the day. So maybe you can have the option to ask your spouse/Krobus to 'hang out' for the day, and they can accept/ reject (if they have doctors appt etc) and then maybe at the end of the day once you go to bed a little pop-up dialogue can appear that'll say something like "Oh yeah, I found this while we were out today." [Player obtained XXX].