A trick for Gem Bird Shrine Puzzle

Quirinea

Farmer
It is not necessary to wait for four rainy days to get the gems. If you can guess the correct order, it is solved. There are 120 possible combinations -- that's bit too many -- after one bird it's down to 24 -- still quite a lot -- but when two gems are in place, there are only six possibilities left. Ta-dah.

Lew Zealand

Helper
I start guessing after the first one but have never taken the time to memorize which are the actual 4 gem options so I'm there with the Ruby filled in, swapping out Amethyst, Tigerseye and Mudstone, wondering why it isn't working. Meanwhile I hear rustling from the trees that sounds suspiciously like gorilla and birdboy giggling but I've never caught anyone there by the time I have my stack of limestone safely stashed away.

Quirinea

Farmer
I start guessing after the first one but have never taken the time to memorize which are the actual 4 gem options so I'm there with the Ruby filled in, swapping out Amethyst, Tigerseye and Mudstone, wondering why it isn't working. Meanwhile I hear rustling from the trees that sounds suspiciously like gorilla and birdboy giggling but I've never caught anyone there by the time I have my stack of limestone safely stashed away.
SDV Wiki says the gems are Amethyst, Aquamarine, Emerald, Ruby, and Topaz. I.e. the stones classified as "gems" in the game save jade and diamond.

You can also set off Rain Totems on Ginger Island to guarantee rain there. Keep in mind that weather in the valley is different from weather on the island, so putting a rain totem down on your farm isn't going to work, it'll just make it rain in the valley. You have to use the totem on the island for it to work.

Odin

Staff member
You can also set off Rain Totems on Ginger Island to guarantee rain there. Keep in mind that weather in the valley is different from weather on the island, so putting a rain totem down on your farm isn't going to work, it'll just make it rain in the valley. You have to use the totem on the island for it to work.
I can't believe I never thought of that.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I used this to get a few fast walnuts, first day at the island I use it and the next day I just bring gems while I spend time looking for the bird.