The 1.5 update is now available on iOS and Android! [Updated 1/7]

Odin

Staff member
Might want to update the title to show updated information. 😉
I've done that now.
I've checked CA's Twitter, and he tweeted on the 17th of March that he's now self-publishing Stardew Valley on Android, and that he was now self-publishing it on all digital platforms.
Yep, that was linked to a little bit earlier in the thread! I just didn't get a chance to update the original post until now.

Shineyfarmer

Greenhorn
Twitter updates are….there is no update-date for iOS ‘in the near future’. Time to hit the gym, delete the app. Too bad, put many hours into SDV, raved about it. Now my reputation is on the line too. Animal Crossing supposed to have many updates since I last looked into it.

imnvs

Local Legend
Twitter updates are….there is no update-date for iOS ‘in the near future’. Time to hit the gym, delete the app. Too bad, put many hours into SDV, raved about it. Now my reputation is on the line too. Animal Crossing supposed to have many updates since I last looked into it.
That certainly is a lot of words, but too few of them make sense when arranged in the order you have them. How is an update on Twitter less relevant than some other form of update? Would you prefer sky writing? How is your reputation on the line? Your friends are blaming you for CA's legal troubles with bringing the mobile update to everyone?
It seems everyone wasted their time waiting for the update to mobile
We've just found out there were legal issues delaying the update but now things can start moving forward... and that's your takeaway? That is exactly the opposite thing most would think.

Seriously, we finally get good news, and this is how y'all react?

Last edited:

Shineyfarmer

Greenhorn
‘ Just found out’ in the development world is weeks…months…. heck even half a year- but alas a whole lotta nada from anyone on the development/porting what ev. since SEPTEMBER of 2021-is it more than an ooops legal issue?! Be honest. Cut iOs loose if it’s not going to happen.

Lew Zealand

Helper
‘ Just found out’ in the development world is weeks…months…. heck even half a year- but alas a whole lotta nada from anyone on the development/porting what ev. since SEPTEMBER of 2021-is it more than an ooops legal issue?! Be honest. Cut iOs loose if it’s not going to happen.
Cut what loose? SDV 1.4 is still available for iOS and it's still fun to play. It hasn't somehow gotten worse.

If you're salty about having to wait for v1.5, play something else.

Yet. You keep posting here. I find that interesting...

Elenna101

Farmer
I don't understand what you mean by "cut iOS loose". That sounds like you want him to stop working on the update at all, which seems... strange.

imnvs

Local Legend
No. We literally found out less than a week ago that there were legal hurdles that have finally been passed.

And "cut iOs loose" how? What is this supposed to mean? "If you can't give it to me now, just don't bother," is what that sounds like to me which is... strange when you're complaining about not having the update.

imnvs

Local Legend
Funny thing is, it is now April 2022.
Yes. You know why nobody complained for the first month after the game came to PC? Yeah, it's only been a month since legal hurdles were finally overcome so that progress could continue. You'll have to resign yourself to the fact that it's still going to be a bit.

MrRoachKlip

Farmhand
Just saying in this time made dozens of farms and did all that could be done. Found if you drag the geode to crush it’ll give you a extra 2 to crush. Found how to get in cinderforest without the axe. Even started speed runs to get movie theatre best is 20 hours play time

I mean I'm done eating, it's April fools. Plus the "Funny thing is, it is now April 2022" means I like April, because everyone do immature things 😅
Okay, I apologize for misunderstanding you. Based on context and how you phrased your posts, it seemed that you were saying something different.

Lilypetal

Greenhorn
I am wondering how much longer we will need to wait. At this point, when I feel like playing the game it is hard to motivate myself to keep going when I know we are waiting for 1.5 to be on mobile.

I am wondering how much longer we will need to wait. At this point, when I feel like playing the game it is hard to motivate myself to keep going when I know we are waiting for 1.5 to be on mobile.
You don’t need to wait, but it’s clear that you want to. You want to play the game and enjoy everything it has to offer. ConcernedApe is trying as hard as he can to get the update out to mobile, keep other players happy by fixing glitches and crashes, and make a whole new game! If you’re having a hard time, maybe start a new profile, or do some challenges, or find a similar app that can entertain you until he can catch up, but please don’t complain. That puts more pressure and stress on the people genuinely trying to work as fast as possible, and could end up making things worse.

I am so happy to wait for this update. I have a lot of goals that I want to meet before an update comes along and changes everything. I discover new things about this game all the time.

Also, I hope the system allows the update to be optional so I can download at my leisure. There are bound to be some issues the first time they put it through and glitches are not something I have had to deal with yet.

Keep up the excellent work! No rush! Make it as good as possible!